17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from a few incredible cameos and match winning moments he's been a shadow of the world class player of a couple of seasons ago, that's just fact.

Pep or the player needs to reinvent because he is a semi passenger and a luxury at this time.
At the moment he isn’t the player he was a couple of seasons ago, that’s for certain. Whether this is due to tiredness or fitness I don’t know. Maybe he needs to play a deeper role and he can pick passes out for Haaland run’s behind defences, for which he makes so many but doesn’t receive the quick pass he should. Either way, I agree, he is a shadow of the player he was and a turn out of the side may give him his mojo back because we certainly need him back to his best.

You have said he is over weight four times in a couple of hours , he is not and if he was he would not play ffs
You know though Kaz, my brother said to me today he thinks KDB could do with losing a few pounds. I was surprised but if a poster thinks it and another fan has picked up on it, there must be others. Perhaps it‘s as he’s turned 30 he’s worked on bulk but there you go.

Even last season Kev looked like he could of done with a break but he seems the type of player who would rather be playing than resting for long periods (he did step up in last season's title run in despite looking tired).

Look how shit we were at Southampton first half without him. It’s the other midfielders who are the problem, not him. 9 assists this season and without him and Haaland we would be mid table.

Foden, Grealish, Mahrez, Gundogan and Bernando haven’t been anywhere near as good as they should be. Grealish and Mahrez a bit better recently but earlier in the season, both were crap. Now we have the other 3 crap.

No wonder he looks tired. He has been carrying us !

Those other 5 need to step up and become much more consistent.

Stupidest thing I've read on bluemoon. Even the likes of Messi have been marked out by average players. It happens
The worry though is now thats all you have to do to stop us as an attacking threat. One move. Man Mark de bruyne.

At the moment he isn’t the player he was a couple of seasons ago, that’s for certain. Whether this is due to tiredness or fitness I don’t know. Maybe he needs to play a deeper role and he can pick passes out for Haaland run’s behind defences, for which he makes so many but doesn’t receive the quick pass he should. Either way, I agree, he is a shadow of the player he was and a turn out of the side may give him his mojo back because we certainly need him back to his best.
Age and injuries have taken there toll.

Is he a luxury a side going for the titles can take?

Age and injuries have taken there toll.

Is he a luxury a side going for the titles can take?
I wouldn’t use the term luxury however I would rest him for a couple of matches and put Foden or Silva centre midfield with the hope the rest has done KDB good to recharge his batteries and play him in a deeper role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.