17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you underestimate what top football does to a players body.

This is an article from a while back :
Many former British Premier League and national team footballers suffer from arthritis. The large number of glucocorticoid injections that the players regularly received to get them ready for the next match is believed to be the main cause. The Football Association would have you believe that these injections are given sparingly, but interviews with players suggest otherwise (The Sunday Times).

Serious injuries to ankle, knee and shoulder joints are common in football. There is often no time for a quiet recovery period because the team needs the player. The players are then patched up in all kinds of ways to be able to play the next match. One of these patch-ups is pain relief through glucocorticoid injections into the injured joint. According to researchers at Coventry University, these injections lead to severe arthritis and sometimes disability. They surveyed 300 former footballers and found that 147 of them (49) had been diagnosed with 'osteoarthritis' (joint inflammation that extends to the bone) - a condition usually seen in the elderly, while many of the former players surveyed were only in their mid-thirties. One third of them had surgery after they stopped playing football and 7 players were permanently disabled. All players had received frequent injections of glucocorticoids so that they were able to play. Some even received 20 injections over a short period of time.

Steve Double, a spokesman for the British Football Association, admits that many cortisone injections used to be given and that the amount of cortisone per injection varied quite a bit. Injections are still being given at the moment, but they are sparingly and in low doses, says Double. However, this is not apparent from a second study carried out by the University of Leicester, which interviewed a current Premier League player who received two injections before every game from December until the end of the season in May. Other players also indicated that they regularly receive injections. This research also shows that the players often want to play themselves because playing with injuries would characterize the real professional. The management regularly ignores injured players and they are often seen as 'poofters' or simulants.

I think this article is 10 years old.Nowadays they use less cortisone and every player is monitored individually. Top football is not healhty.

Bless.. Poor souls.

I have no sympathy whatsoever. They're blessed by talent, some will be lucky, some won't.

The life of a PL / Championship footballer bears no similarity at all to the average person.

Not in training outside with the group.

Out of the game Thursday?

He's been playing like something isn't right, even before the World Cup. Carrying an injury? Hope he'll come back better.

Not in training outside with the group.

Out of the game Thursday?

He's been playing like something isn't right, even before the World Cup. Carrying an injury? Hope he'll come back better.

I love De Bruyne but agree something's been off with him. He got the assist on Saturday for our goal, but he's just not got the same drive or consistent quality as we've come to expect.

Controversial, but if he's out it could just be the catalyst for our improvement as a team. We've often panicked over him being out of the team, but managed well without him. He's undoubtedly in our best 11, but at the same time, considering our only route to goal seems to be De Bruyne - Haaland maybe we'll see an improvement and more attacking threat as a result of him not being available? Or maybe it will turn to shit! Who knows!

I love De Bruyne but agree something's been off with him. He got the assist on Saturday for our goal, but he's just not got the same drive or consistent quality as we've come to expect.

Controversial, but if he's out it could just be the catalyst for our improvement as a team. We've often panicked over him being out of the team, but managed well without him. He's undoubtedly in our best 11, but at the same time, considering our only route to goal seems to be De Bruyne - Haaland maybe we'll see an improvement and more attacking threat as a result of him not being available? Or maybe it will turn to shit! Who knows!
He's our best player when fit and firing but we're better off without him when he's not right. There's little middle ground with De Bruyne. We could always accommodate him as false 9 when he was out of form, but that won't happen now. He needs to get himself right.

Just another reason why I'm getting more and more fed up with football.
I honestly think I go to 3 mate 4 home games till the end of the season.
I really don't think I will renew.
If I don't I'll wash my hands of football completely .
I used to watch any football on TV.
Went home and away watching city and England.
Now I only watch city no other games.
Only go at home though.
To be honest I fucking hate footballers now
My thoughts exactly, VAR and money has killed the game.
I am rapidly losing interest in it.

like any world-class player, can be shit for 89 minutes, but one bit of magic wins you the game, that's what makes them special, KDB been below par because of the amount of games he plays, that magic moment they can produce means he plays at 50% fit every game without a break,

Pep needs to start man managing him and rest him more, we have world-class players that can play his role, Silva, Foden, Grealish, all can produce the magic, we are a squad team and quality dripping off the walls, So we could rest KDB to recharge his batteries and clear up any knocks he is carrying,

like any world-class player, can be shit for 89 minutes, but one bit of magic wins you the game, that's what makes them special, KDB been below par because of the amount of games he plays, that magic moment they can produce means he plays at 50% fit every game without a break,

Pep needs to start man managing him and rest him more, we have world-class players that can play his role, Silva, Foden, Grealish, all can produce the magic, we are a squad team and quality dripping off the walls, So we could rest KDB to recharge his batteries and clear up any knocks he is carrying,
" we have world-class players that can play his role, Silva, Foden, Grealish"

we don't, we really don't, Grealish has done better since the WC, the other two are way off and saying world class on all 3 at this time is simply wrong.

what can you say about the ginger one, give him a fraction of space and he will use it, drives us on and will drive us on until the end of the season
His body won‘t allow that. We either use him selectively, to get those flashes of brilliance, or we ride him hard and risk him missing a number of games through injury. I’d rather the first, as we have more control over which games he plays.

Just my opinion, as I‘m not a sports physician, but I’m going on the evidence of my own eyes. The guy is semi-bolloxed.

I think you underestimate what top football does to a players body.

This is an article from a while back :
Many former British Premier League and national team footballers suffer from arthritis. The large number of glucocorticoid injections that the players regularly received to get them ready for the next match is believed to be the main cause. The Football Association would have you believe that these injections are given sparingly, but interviews with players suggest otherwise (The Sunday Times).

Serious injuries to ankle, knee and shoulder joints are common in football. There is often no time for a quiet recovery period because the team needs the player. The players are then patched up in all kinds of ways to be able to play the next match. One of these patch-ups is pain relief through glucocorticoid injections into the injured joint. According to researchers at Coventry University, these injections lead to severe arthritis and sometimes disability. They surveyed 300 former footballers and found that 147 of them (49) had been diagnosed with 'osteoarthritis' (joint inflammation that extends to the bone) - a condition usually seen in the elderly, while many of the former players surveyed were only in their mid-thirties. One third of them had surgery after they stopped playing football and 7 players were permanently disabled. All players had received frequent injections of glucocorticoids so that they were able to play. Some even received 20 injections over a short period of time.

Steve Double, a spokesman for the British Football Association, admits that many cortisone injections used to be given and that the amount of cortisone per injection varied quite a bit. Injections are still being given at the moment, but they are sparingly and in low doses, says Double. However, this is not apparent from a second study carried out by the University of Leicester, which interviewed a current Premier League player who received two injections before every game from December until the end of the season in May. Other players also indicated that they regularly receive injections. This research also shows that the players often want to play themselves because playing with injuries would characterize the real professional. The management regularly ignores injured players and they are often seen as 'poofters' or simulants.

I think this article is 10 years old.Nowadays they use less cortisone and every player is monitored individually. Top football is not healhty.
What a load of utter b*****ks. Top football is not healthy? What about working on a building site? Or any other normal average job which lasts roughly 40 years compared to a footballers pampered tough work life for 15 years. I repeat again youre talking utter horse shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.