17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t use the term luxury however I would rest him for a couple of matches and put Foden or Silva centre midfield with the hope the rest has done KDB good to recharge his batteries and play him in a deeper role.
He looks shot to me, his life has changed, marriage, kids and financial security, he looks like he has lost a lot of love of the game.

Finances apart the life of a top international footballer is tough, 3 games a week, little or no time off and constant travelling, it takes it's toll and with KDB is shows badly.

He looks shot to me, his life has changed, marriage, kids and financial security, he looks like he has lost a lot of love of the game.

Finances apart the life of a top international footballer is tough, 3 games a week, little or no time off and constant travelling, it takes it's toll and with KDB is shows badly.
Whilst I get what you're saying. Their life is not tough.. They have to work for 15 years max of their life and then retire... never need to worry about money,healthcare, care and education of their children. They stay in the best hotels, have the best of luxuries and thousands of football fans adoring them. The life of a top international footballer is not tough, and if they think it is they're welcome to come work in the factory with me

The 2 moments of quality we produced came from him the goal and the ball across Bernardo should have done better with. We have a few issues but he's one of the last of them.

He’s not sufficiently fit, robust or injury free to play as much as City and Belgium would like. This isn’t a single season issue; it’s gone on for a long time.

Needs to be conserved more rather than being asked to squeeze out heroics every “big“ match or shite team performance. It sometimes works, often doesn’t, but at a long term cost.

Last edited:
Whilst I get what you're saying. Their life is not tough.. They have to work for 15 years max of their life and then retire... never need to worry about money,healthcare, care and education of their children. They stay in the best hotels, have the best of luxuries and thousands of football fans adoring them. The life of a top international footballer is not tough, and if they think it is they're welcome to come work in the factory with me

Excellent post.

People give far too much leeway to these over pampered multi millionaires. I think a lot of fans have genuinely lost touch with reality.

Paying customers are entitled to expect more from players if they're not pulling their weight.

I'd swap with any of them.
I'm 45 worked in the building trade since I was 16.
My knees are fucked.
My backs fucked.
Elbows and shoulders are fucked.
Been outside all day today fucking freezing.
And these poor fuckers kick a ball about a few times a week and earn more in a week than I earn in 5 years.
I'd still say I'm about as fit as Kevin though.
He looks knackered to me

He’s not sufficiently fit, robust or injury free to play as much as City and Belgium would like. This isn’t a single season issue; it’s gone on for a long time.

Needs to be conserved more rather than being asked to squeeze out heroics every “big“ match or shite team performance. It sometimes works, often doesn’t, but at a long term cost.

Is anyone being groomed as his replacement?

Pretty much agree. He can still provide flashes of brilliance, just not constantly/week in and week out.

I'd swap with any of them.
I'm 45 worked in the building trade since I was 16.
My knees are fucked.
My backs fucked.
Elbows and shoulders are fucked.
Been outside all day today fucking freezing.
And these poor fuckers kick a ball about a few times a week and earn more in a week than I earn in 5 years.
I'd still say I'm about as fit as Kevin though.
He looks knackered to me
Exactly my point, I never buy this whole players are tired excuse, do they really physically work more than the 40 hours a week than we all do?

Exactly my point, I never buy this whole players are tired excuse, do they really physically work more than the 40 hours a week than we all do?
Just another reason why I'm getting more and more fed up with football.
I honestly think I go to 3 mate 4 home games till the end of the season.
I really don't think I will renew.
If I don't I'll wash my hands of football completely .
I used to watch any football on TV.
Went home and away watching city and England.
Now I only watch city no other games.
Only go at home though.
To be honest I fucking hate footballers now

I think you underestimate what top football does to a players body.

This is an article from a while back :
Many former British Premier League and national team footballers suffer from arthritis. The large number of glucocorticoid injections that the players regularly received to get them ready for the next match is believed to be the main cause. The Football Association would have you believe that these injections are given sparingly, but interviews with players suggest otherwise (The Sunday Times).

Serious injuries to ankle, knee and shoulder joints are common in football. There is often no time for a quiet recovery period because the team needs the player. The players are then patched up in all kinds of ways to be able to play the next match. One of these patch-ups is pain relief through glucocorticoid injections into the injured joint. According to researchers at Coventry University, these injections lead to severe arthritis and sometimes disability. They surveyed 300 former footballers and found that 147 of them (49) had been diagnosed with 'osteoarthritis' (joint inflammation that extends to the bone) - a condition usually seen in the elderly, while many of the former players surveyed were only in their mid-thirties. One third of them had surgery after they stopped playing football and 7 players were permanently disabled. All players had received frequent injections of glucocorticoids so that they were able to play. Some even received 20 injections over a short period of time.

Steve Double, a spokesman for the British Football Association, admits that many cortisone injections used to be given and that the amount of cortisone per injection varied quite a bit. Injections are still being given at the moment, but they are sparingly and in low doses, says Double. However, this is not apparent from a second study carried out by the University of Leicester, which interviewed a current Premier League player who received two injections before every game from December until the end of the season in May. Other players also indicated that they regularly receive injections. This research also shows that the players often want to play themselves because playing with injuries would characterize the real professional. The management regularly ignores injured players and they are often seen as 'poofters' or simulants.

I think this article is 10 years old.Nowadays they use less cortisone and every player is monitored individually. Top football is not healhty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.