17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely thought he was out with a pain in his jaw, possible tooth problems, and was at a dental surgeon.
Can't think where I heard this from

You want to try playing ever 3 days non stop, constant travelling etc.

The money side is irrelevant, all top athletes have a difficult life , it's not the glamorous life it seems.

KDB is far from a natural athlete and it shows, add to that numerous serious injuries that have clearly taken a heavy toll.

Mentally top sports is incredibly difficult, the highs are enormous, followed by huge lows, coping with those is far from easy.

And again the financial rewards don't make mental or physical recovery any easier.
Hahahaha a 90 minute football match every 3 days wow its a tough life. Constant travelling? In ferrari to training? Or a top of the range comfort coach or a high spec private plane? Fuck me

I see tennis getting a lot of mentions on here. A little story:

I am a cyclist and a few years ago a Spanish investigation, Operation Puerto, uncovered a huge doping scandal in cycling, it caused the demise of a fair few riders. It was an investigation into a medical clinic in Spain. The funny thing was the investigation wasn’t into cycling but this was one of the outcomes and the UCI punished the cyclists involved; the investigation was into tennis players using this clinic. Relevant docs were sent to the tennis authorities but they did nothing. Strange huh!!

To play to Pep's standards consistently in all competitions is a huge mental and physical challenge. He demands more, and more, and more. And then he demands it again. It shouldn't be underestimated how hard it is for a team to win three titles in a row. Winning it back-to-back has been beyond most teams, we've done that twice. With the effort we've put in to do that, setting new standards and records on the way and being successful in other competitions too - it's no surprise that in a WC year, not long after a European tournament, we've seen a decline. I don't think it's time to throw in the towel on this squad, they'll be back. They might just need a rest. Look at Liverpool, they had a couple of good seasons and last season were close to winning all 4 trophies, bagged the two they'd least want, and are miles off it. We're still second, we're still capable of winning the league but De Bruyne is possibly burnt out. We tried to freshen things in the summer. Two new attacking players, a midfield enforcer and some defensive reinforcements, but they've not seen us retain our usual levels.

It's make or break time now and hopefully we see Kev fit and firing.

I see tennis getting a lot of mentions on here. A little story:

I am a cyclist and a few years ago a Spanish investigation, Operation Puerto, uncovered a huge doping scandal in cycling, it caused the demise of a fair few riders. It was an investigation into a medical clinic in Spain. The funny thing was the investigation wasn’t into cycling but this was one of the outcomes and the UCI punished the cyclists involved; the investigation was into tennis players using this clinic. Relevant docs were sent to the tennis authorities but they did nothing. Strange huh!!
No,not at all,drug use in sport,all sport,is rife.

The risk v reward factor is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.