17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thin Murray is quite possible one of the greatest ever athletes.He is phenomenal both physically and mentally.

He's not tge only one though. As I said, I'm not a follower of tennis, but I'd think that the top 50 to 100 professional players in the world are physically and mentally tougher than elite footballers. Male and female.

This is why fans and media building footballers up to the level of elite sportsmen is, in my opinion, laughable. A proper 40 hour a week job would kill half of them.

Are any of you boring old cunts actually talking about Kev or are you just offloading about whatever meaningless shite you can think of?

Kev is the prime example of an over-indulged footballer at City. £300k a week, pampered and worshipped by fans who feel sorry for him having to play a lot of football.

Poor dear needs a rest so he can kick a ball better next week... because no-one else can.
He runs like he's towing a caravan for 90% of a match, puts in a good cross and he's the messiah.

21st century 'elite' footballers. Mentally weak prima donnas in fancy cars who probably couldn't boil an egg for themselves.

Kev is the prime example of an over-indulged footballer at City. £300k a week, pampered and worshipped by fans who feel sorry for him having to play a lot of football.

Poor dear needs a rest so he can kick a ball better next week... because no-one else can.
He runs like he's towing a caravan for 90% of a match, puts in a good cross and he's the messiah.

21st century 'elite' footballers. Mentally weak prima donnas in fancy cars who probably couldn't boil an egg for themselves.
What a load of crap.

fetchimage

You sound like a tit. Tennis players have it harder then footballers. Fucking hell. Thats like comparing winning 5mill on the national lottery over 5mill on the euro lottery. Footballers have a short career to earn the money. We only see the very tip of the iceberg. Most don’t make it. They sacrifice their youth to the game. It takes precedent over everything until they retire. Some are handsomely rewarded for the effort and skill they have. You watch it and are entertained like you would a movie. Movie starts get paid loads as well. It’s life.
KDB is world class and respected by his peers. He has been one of if the not the best player at this club for years now. You sound like a spoilt **** whinging because he’s not setting up hat tricks every game. If you dont like it then fuck off.

You want to try playing ever 3 days non stop, constant travelling etc.

The money side is irrelevant, all top athletes have a difficult life , it's not the glamorous life it seems.

KDB is far from a natural athlete and it shows, add to that numerous serious injuries that have clearly taken a heavy toll.

Mentally top sports is incredibly difficult, the highs are enormous, followed by huge lows, coping with those is far from easy.

And again the financial rewards don't make mental or physical recovery any easier.

Last edited:

Surely a wind up

Footballers have a short career to earn the money. We only see the very tip of the iceberg. Most don’t make it. They sacrifice their youth to the game. It takes precedent over everything until they retire.

The average age for a tennis player to retire is 27, and only the top 100 make any money. THey also sacrifice their lives to the game and it takes precedent over their lives.

So I'm not sure this is really a rebuttal to the tennis player vs footballer debate.

Anyway I'm not really interested in who is "tougher" or who has it harder, tennis players are definitely fitter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.