17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The average age for a tennis player to retire is 27, and only the top 100 make any money. THey also sacrifice their lives to the game and it takes precedent over their lives.

So I'm not sure this is really a rebuttal to the tennis player vs footballer debate.

Anyway I'm not really interested in who is "tougher" or who has it harder, tennis players are definitely fitter though.
Comparing elite athletes is like comparing £50 notes. Utterly pointless which is what I pointed out in my post.

Surely a wind up
To some extent yes. However, it does highlight how gullible some people are when it comes to idolising footballers.
Kevin is no different to the rest of the PL a very lucky young man living at a time when being able to kick a ball well can make you a multi millionaire.
They live in a bubble from a very young age, have little or no connection to the real world and their 'work problems' bear no comparison to those of 95% of supporters.

You want to try playing ever 3 days non stop, constant travelling etc.

The money side is irrelevant, all top athletes have a difficult life , it's not the glamorous life it seems.

KDB is far from a natural athlete and it shows, add to that numerous serious injuries that have clearly taken a heavy toll.

Mentally top sports is incredibly difficult, the highs are enormous, followed by huge lows, coping with those is far from easy.

And again the financial rewards don't make mental or physical recovery any easier.

We agree on a lot of things mate, but on this particular subject, you lost me at "the money side is irrelevant".

:-)

Two things I truly believe...

Kev belongs amongst the legends of our club.

At least one mod on here is a tennis fan.

:)

We agree on a lot of things mate, but on this particular subject, you lost me at "the money side is irrelevant".

:-)
Money does not make your mind and body recover any quicker.

Money does not keep Father Time at bay, as your mate Andrew Murray knows only too well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.