17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is he meant to be playing? Hes way too far forward. Pep has gone form having 6 in midfield to having 2.

His passing is so far off too. If we’re going to play a 2 in midfield and have 1 off haaland, then it really should be alvarez right now.
I’ve noticed this a lot this season. He’s not really playing as a #8 but more a #10, which means we only have two in midfield. We get away with it a little more when Silva is playing with Rodri as his work rate is more than Gundo. I think allowing Kev to play the way he does leaves us one short on the midfield and is part of the reason we have been conceding more goals this season.

I think a majority are now starting to ask serious questions about Kdb performances,

I've been one of his biggest critics this season but im now looking at Pep as the major contributor to our players underperforming. His stubbornness to persist with the current system is confusing.

There is not a single player who has improved from last season. We dont have the personnel to play 442, where is the justification for playing it over 433? We're literally scraping through games, all we do is pass it from one defender to another, theres 0 cutting edge and then Pep plays the exact same way the next game expecting improvement.
Yes id like us to move back to 433. Have kev back in the 8 slot with gundo or bernardo in the other 8.

I’ve noticed this a lot this season. He’s not really playing as a #8 but more a #10, which means we only have two in midfield. We get away with it a little more when Silva is playing with Rodri as his work rate is more than Gundo. I think allowing Kev to play the way he does leaves us one short on the midfield and is part of the reason we have been conceding more goals this season.
Its doing kev no favours either cos he cant get on the ball.

Alvarez is much more suited to that role/position. Would like to see him there with kdb deeper, his passing from deep could transform our attack, especially against the better teams who don't Just park the bus.

I said this in the Gundo thread but I think we have two players - KDB and Gundo - who aren't up to their best, and when Rodri doesn't have fresh legs beside him he struggles.

I still think both have something to give the team but playing both together is just not working.
Not even a little bit. Its painfully obvious.

As i said in the match day fanny wetting pussy dripping happy clapping thread, he plays the best and worst passes in the world at the moment. He used to do just the former.

He really isn’t doing enough to be starting in my opinion. Such a decline in a great player.

We are tangibly worse with him playing this poorly. I don't know what is wrong with him, but I hope he gets it together soon. Our doldrums recently coincide with him playing poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.