17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
His biggest problem is he’s become the bottleneck.

The Brentford manager told everyone what to do - don’t worry about Haaland, choke De Bruyne and you stop the problem.

We need to find someone to play in the other 8 position who will be the playmaker that everything can run through when KDB is being taken out of the game. 2023 Bernardo can’t do it, Gundogan can’t do it.

If we fix that position, opponents will have to adjust and KDB won’t be getting as much attention and he’ll start delivering again.

The Brentford manager told everyone what to do - don’t worry about Haaland, choke De Bruyne and you stop the problem.

We need to find someone to play in the other 8 position who will be the playmaker that everything can run through when KDB is being taken out of the game. 2023 Bernardo can’t do it, Gundogan can’t do it.

If we fix that position, opponents will have to adjust and KDB won’t be getting as much attention and he’ll start delivering again.
Entering Foden.

Foden has energy, playmaking and goals.

Want Foden right away developing a connection with Grealish on the left as KdB has a good one with Mahrez on the right.

Then Gundogan can sub Kev, while Bernie subs Foden.

Alvarez can play as a 8/10 in the future too. I see him and Foden centrally as the future.

Agreed: I reckon Foden can play the number 8 role. Would like to see Pep try it anyway. Our best ever team (2017/18) had KDB and Silva swapping positions from 8 to 10 relentlessly and no one could live with us. You can't stop two of them at the same time.

You have to get on the ball to create chances. A static DeBruyne paired with an aging, slow Gundo puts an unreasonable strain on everyone else. Blind loyalty to any player equals disloyalty to the squad as a whole.

You’ve both alluded to it so a genuine (non-digging) question to you and @FantasyIreland - would you rather have Gundo in than KDB?

You’ve both said they can’t play together but are hinting at KDB needing to be the one that makes way so curious. I’m a big, big fan of Gundo, love the bloke and his strengths, but KDB is above him in terms of importance.

You’ve both alluded to it so a genuine (non-digging) question to you and @FantasyIreland - would you rather have Gundo in than KDB?

You’ve both said they can’t play together but are hinting at KDB needing to be the one that makes way so curious. I’m a big, big fan of Gundo, love the bloke and his strengths, but KDB is above him in terms of importance.

I'm not hinting,i'm convinced.

Gundo helps our midfield flow better,he links play and orchestrates,Rodri and Bernie bounce off him far better and the team just looks more settled and balanced.

We dont play with #8s anymore, which is a more serious problem than Kdb's poor form.

We set up in a 4-4-2 then Rico pushes up into midfield to make a 3-2-3-1-1 with Kdb doing whatever tf he wants.

Pep said it earlier this season that he 'feels' Kev plays better when he has that freedom and is not restricted to one posistion in midfield, I couldnt disagree more with that statement.

Contrary to some posters opinions, he's not above criticism, the past 2 seasons hes played well for 6 months, Pep and Martinez have both mismanaged him during that period.

Kev is one of the best at quick transitions when the ball turns over. The problem atm is that Haaland is running, but opposition CB's are blocking the passing lanes into him because he's central. Kev's passing at his best was when we had Sane and Sterling running into space from the wings. We don't have that anymore with Jack and Mahrez. So it looks like he's off his game, but there is a lack of options in those moments so he tries forcing passes.

Entering Foden.

Foden has energy, playmaking and goals.

Want Foden right away developing a connection with Grealish on the left as KdB has a good one with Mahrez on the right.

Then Gundogan can sub Kev, while Bernie subs Foden.

Alvarez can play as a 8/10 in the future too. I see him and Foden centrally as the future.
Theoretically he does, unfortunately we're yet to see it consistently and who knows what's going on with him lately

Kev is one of the best at quick transitions when the ball turns over. The problem atm is that Haaland is running, but opposition CB's are blocking the passing lanes into him because he's central. Kev's passing at his best was when we had Sane and Sterling running into space from the wings. We don't have that anymore with Jack and Mahrez. So it looks like he's off his game, but there is a lack of options in those moments so he tries forcing passes.

Which suggests he isnt currently the best option in our midfield.

I'm not hinting,i'm convinced.

Gundo helps our midfield flow better,he links play and orchestrates,Rodri and Bernie bounce off him far better and the team just looks more settled and balanced.

Fair enough. I agree for what it’s worth.

But I feel the pay-off from KDB is greater than that. Personally feel he shouldn’t be anywhere near midfield but we play with wingers and not sure he’s suited to that either so has to be shoehorned in elsewhere. That’s the conundrum Pep has faced all season I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.