17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has rarely been leaner ! His best is still the best in the league , he has much more to give
"His best is still the best in the league"

Sadly that's no longer the case.

He looks older with every game he plays and the huge problem is the Euros in the summer, he won't be getting a break again this summer.

IF, we get an offer of 100m it would be foolish not to take it.

Kevin is a fantastic player, one of the best in the PL history.

But I wonder if Pep has to choose between him and Bernardo, whether he would go with KDB. In other words, is Bernardo a bit underestimated on (superficial) statistical grounds?

He looks older with every game he plays and the huge problem is the Euros in the summer, he won't be getting a break again this summer.

He's not likely to want to go to Saudi. With a young family, I don't think he's that stupid or greedy.
As such, who would be prepared to pay upwards of £70m + top wages / bonuses etc for a 32/33 year old player who is undoubtedly past his prime? Even the rags would baulk at that!

£100m for KDB is a pipe dream. I suspect he's more likely to be given a free at the end of next season.

He's not likely to want to go to Saudi. With a young family, I don't think he's that stupid or greedy.
As such, who would be prepared to pay upwards of £70m + top wages / bonuses etc for a 32/33 year old player who is undoubtedly past his prime? Even the rags would baulk at that!

£100m for KDB is a pipe dream. I suspect he's more likely to be given a free at the end of next season.
I think there is something in it, the Saudis must have sounded out all parties, the same applies with Salah.

This summer will be the end of KDB's international career and personally despite been a ginger the thought of pulling in a million a week for a couple of years must be tempting.

Nope

Kevin is a fantastic player, one of the best in the PL history.

But I wonder if Pep has to choose between him and Bernardo, whether he would go with KDB. In other words, is Bernardo a bit underestimated on (superficial) statistical grounds?
With age and injury records he’d probably now pick Bernado. When picking his strongest team he’d have chosen KDB every time and has done over the years

With age and injury records he’d probably now pick Bernado. When picking his strongest team he’d have chosen KDB every time and has done over the years

Can't remember Pep benching Bernie in a big game after his 1st season, unless he was tired or not fully fit.

We won 98 pts when KDB missed half of the 18/19 season. The reason was that Bernie replaced him without problems. I don't know, but I think Pep sees them both as equal in importance to the team, in contrast to media who favour KDB a lot more.

Turning down a 100m cash deal for a 33 yr old on 350k a week and who has missed an awful lot of football in the last 4 years would be foolish.

We are rich but not stupid.
We cant make him go and i dont think for one moment he would want to go . Too many writing him off again , been the same for years , it is tiresome , he is coming back from five months out ffs

We cant make him go and i dont think for one moment he would want to go . Too many writing him off again , been the same for years , it is tiresome , he is coming back from five months out ffs
To me it's all very knee jerk. All our players are shite now, apparently. If we don't win the league we go again. You can't win all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.