17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

I'd like to see him used as an impact sub now and again. Gives him the advantage of playing against tired opponents and would really give us a lift too

Major hamstring injuries that required 5 months out due to surgery and nearly 33 years old.

Thats a ripe combination to lose a yard of pace sadly and probably one you'll never get back in your 30s.

Shame because for me he's the most talented player in the world in his position but the human body is what it is and he's not getting younger. His brain will make him a brilliant player still in situations, but his physical peak has been and gone.

Obviously at some point his body won't do what the brain wants it to do, as with all sports people. Hopefully Kev has enough in the tank where he still has a good year or two left to still be effective.
Perfectly stated. Bravo.

Been incredible but carry a pound or two and well past his best. If we could get Saudi money for him I would take it.
Would hate to see him go tbh and I think if he can get himself 100 percent fit then we still have a good 2-3 years left . Would love him to finish his career with us .

Still got a part to play, when he does go i hope he doesnt go to that abomination Saudi league, he will be too good for that league when he is 78.
My respect for him will go down a little if he goes to Saudi, i mean, how much fucking money do you need ?

Looks like the “other” KDB thread got lifted. Oh well, I guess the “joke” is on @SebastianBlue for trying to have an AFD thread on a “Chelsea legend”…which is where I first realized it was AFD!!

Kev is a future statue in waiting and deservedly so. The fact that he is the ONLY PRE-PEP PLAYER still here speaks volumes to both his ability and longevity.

I hope against hope that he takes the summer off, but it may be his last hurrah for Belgium and as Captain of his country that might be too much to ask. However, I’m a greedy City fan who wants him to play here forever!

Maybe a rest against Villa is in his best interests, but I trust City’s Sports Science experts to know that threshold, because Kev himself will never call time on himself during a game. He leaves everything, and occasionally more, out there and to think about what he went through just last season trying to drag us over the Treble Winners finishing line with a bum hamstring speaks to the drive, desire and professionalism of yesteryear.

When he’s gone, he will be missed, so I hope Pep, City and Kev himself do as much as they can to extend his career as much as possible. One of the All-Time Greats, and not just as a City player!

Last edited:
Looks like the “other” KDB thread got lifted. Oh well, I guess the “joke” is on @SebastianBlue for trying to have an AFD thread on a “Chelsea legend”…which is where I first realized it was AFD!!

Kev is a future statue in waiting and deservedly so. The fact that he is the ONLY PRE-PEP PLAYER still here speaks volumes to both his ability and longevity.

I hope against hope that he takes the summer off, but it may be his last hurrah for Belgium and as Captain of his country that might be too much to ask. However, I’m a greedy City fan who wants him to play here forever!

Maybe a rest against Villa is in his best interests, but I trust City’s Sports Science experts to know that threshold, because Kev himself will never call time on a game if during a game. He leaves everything, and occasionally more, out there and to think about what he went through just last season trying to drag us over the Treble Winners finishing line with a bum hamstring speaks to the drive, desire and professionalism of yesteryear.

When he’s gone, he will be missed, so I hope Pep, City and Kev himself do as much as they can to extend his career as much as possible. One of the All-Time Greats, and not just as a City player!
Alas, it was indeed pulled.

And people think us former mods get leniency on here!

Anyway, Kev is a legend and is still a world class footballer.

Alas, it was indeed pulled.

And people think us former mods get leniency on here!

Anyway, Kev is a legend and is still a world class footballer.
Not sure why it got pulled, as it was clearly an AFD joke, but I’m reminded of Basil Fawlty’s famous “Don’t mention the war!”

As you rightly state, a City legend…and we don’t joke about our legends!

Major hamstring injuries that required 5 months out due to surgery and nearly 33 years old.

Thats a ripe combination to lose a yard of pace sadly and probably one you'll never get back in your 30s.

Shame because for me he's the most talented player in the world in his position but the human body is what it is and he's not getting younger. His brain will make him a brilliant player still in situations, but his physical peak has been and gone.

Obviously at some point his body won't do what the brain wants it to do, as with all sports people. Hopefully Kev has enough in the tank where he still has a good year or two left to still be effective.
I’m surprised that there hasn’t been more of a discussion around how his hamstring surgery is likely to have affected him, even to the point of his confidence in stretching and turning etc at full pace.

Maybe his performance when he came back against Newcastle glossed over the issue, but as you say a major hamstring injury and particularly at his age will inevitably reduce his physical peak.

Personally I think he may be more effective being introduced in the final 30 minutes of the game, giving teams something new to deal with, rather than as a starter at the moment.

Pep has a big call to make with him for tomorrow night as if we fail to beat Villa then I think we can forget about the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.