17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely superb tonight, looked really fit and strong. Best player on the pitch by a mile.

Can't imagine a player of his quality deciding to just walk away from the best league in the world and give up competing in the Champions League. I get there are personal reasons for MLS or Saudi but from a football perspective it would be a colossal waste of someone still capable of being elite. Maybe in 2-3 years after World Cup, but not now.

Can't imagine a player of his quality deciding to just walk away from the best league in the world and give up competing in the Champions League. I get there are personal reasons for MLS or Saudi but from a football perspective it would be a colossal waste of someone still capable of being elite. Maybe in 2-3 years after World Cup, but not now.

Yeah, I don't really believe it either. If we don't know the sums involved, though, how can we judge the likelihood? Muhammed Ali fought some silly fights when he was way past his best because, as he put it “If they're offering me that much to get in a ring, how can I say no?”

Wouldn't you get board of sunshine 24/7, and fuck all rain? Chavs getting their hands chopped off for anti social behaviour sounds good, mind. They'd have to get rid of their Elizabeth Duke gold sovereign rings.

Never get board of the sunshine and some of the architecture out there is incredible.

And the way our "culture" is going , I think we need to be careful who we start calling.

You both seem to have taken the idea of Kev leaving on board.

Think it'd be a shame for Kev to leave this summer. Still has another strong season left in the tank for City. Manage his minutes and let him coach up the younger guys.

And before I forget, what a fucking performance from him tonight for Belgium. Such a treat to watch for not just City fans, but football fans across the world.

Modric is 38 and signed I think new contract with Madrid

KDB is 32 l, hopefully he will stay until 40 with City

Still a top player but sadly his body is well past it's best, that's the issue.
I'd love to see us hold on to him, if at all possible. With careful management of his playing time, we may be able to get another couple of seasons out of him. However; in these days of FFP, PSR, ABC, XTC etc etc, if a big offer came in for him from a Saudi club, would the club look at it? Also, he's entering the last year of his contract, which is a factor. Get decent money for him now or lose him for nothing next summer, if he doesn't sign a new contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.