17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
it will be between him or silva on who was our most talented and influential player. I think I am inclined to believe Kev was the more influential and decisive of the two.

Changed the game when him and foden came on.
Glad to see he’s back playing.

The importance of KDB/Foden this year is huge (lacking on the creation a bit in our team). As soon as they got in, we created 10 times more danger.
I absolutely agree we looked better going forward but I also thought we started to concede some momentum in those last 15-20 minutes. I'm not sure how much of that is down to them and/or tired legs though.

it will be between him or silva on who was our most talented and influential player. I think I am inclined to believe Kev was the more influential and decisive of the two.
It’s de Bruyne by a mile, for me.

David Silva is the classiest and most consistent player I’ve ever seen. But he wasn’t often a big-moments/big-performances in the biggest games against the best teams player for us.

While none were/are anywhere near as consistent as Silva; Yaya Touré, Kun Agüero, Ilkay Gündoğan and Kevin de Bruyne all reached levels of big match winning key moments and performances above and beyond what David Silva did.

Silva was 8-9 out of ten against everyone, whereas the others could put in a 10/10 performance despite their average being about 7/10. I don’t think Silva really had many 10/10 in the big games, including the big knock-out CL games where we often needed a 10/10 from him and he just stayed at an 8.

Although, it was David Silva who’s style and contribution kept the flow of the game going so that others could do their business, I always thought it was others - even including Bernardo Silva - who stepped up above David Silva to do the match winning contributions.

Did not expect him back so soon after the stories about his hammy, but very happy to see him back. Looked pretty sharp when he came on, even in his state of zero preseason, so happy with that.

Saw walker gave him the band when he came on, which points to him being club captain, which I'm very happy with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.