17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Was stupid to start him and I said that when I heard the team news. Should have just been eased in gently with 20 mins here and there. And now he’s out of the super cup
Yep, absolutely unnecessary.
Kev has put so much in over the years, he must have the body of a 35 yo. No idea why they took that gamble. Give him 2 months or what ever he needs to slowly catch up fitness, I'd say. No more rushing in.

Pep said hamstring on US TV.

Give the lad the rest he needs. He works his hump off, is getting older, needs managing. Being Belgium’s Captain does him no favors given the length and intensity of a City season.

He seemed really excited about the start of the new season, what a shame.

I’m going to choose to look at this positively as being a chance for Foden (or another) to show they have what it takes to play the KDB role, that KDB will now come back properly rested for the business end of the season

I’m going to choose to look at this positively as being a chance for Foden (or another) to show they have what it takes to play the KDB role, that KDB will now come back properly rested for the business end of the season
I get what you mean entirely but you’ll know KDB is an unbelievable player and his link to Erling makes like for like replacing impossible for what hopefully is just a couple of months. Having Gundo would have helped but I hope Pep has a plan. Phil having a run of games would certainly help

Couldn't believe he started.

We have the best medical staff in the world so I am sure every possible check and test was complete but I still just feel we could have gone with Kovacic and given Kev 20 at the end and then maybe a bit longer on Wednesday to get up to speed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.