18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ortega had a super game but Eddie has helped us change the way that football is played in England. He is a catalyst for all we have achieved and should always remain held in the highest esteem. As for Ortega - superb and great that we have a man who can really push Eddie on, as Eddie can do for Stefan.

Ortega's performance last night was the highlight of the match for me.

Our attacking was as slick as usual, but seeing those reaction saves one after the other was great.

Ortega had a super game but Eddie has helped us change the way that football is played in England. He is a catalyst for all we have achieved and should always remain held in the highest esteem. As for Ortega - superb and great that we have a man who can really push Eddie on, as Eddie can do for Stefan.

100% this. Ortega was fantastic last night and deserves all of the praise he's getting but Im surprised at how many people are jumping the gun and saying he deserves a run in the team. Ederson and his distribution is absolutely integral to how we play. Ortega's distribution last night looked streets ahead of our previous back up keepers but he'll have to do a lot more to prove he can do a better job than Ederson. With regards to shot stopping, I have no idea if last night was a typical game for him or if it was one of those nights where everything went right for him. But even so, shot stopping is only one strand of what we require in our keeper and if we were only interested in that we wouldn't have binned off Joe Hart.

For now I think we should just all be pleased that we appear to have finally secured a more than able deputy. I'm sure Ortega is ambitious and fully backs himself, but I very much doubt that he'd expect Ederson to be dropped off the back of him putting in one impressive performance. I do think he can definitely feel assured though the cup keeper spot is his and we won't be having the debate at the later stages of competitions about whether or not we need to bring Ederson back in. It's really great to know that we have a cup keeper who will help us to compete on all fronts at all stages of competitions. I've gone into games already feeling defeated with Steffen in goal (probably a bit unfair but he just wasn't a great fit for us) but feel pretty confident with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.