18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was amazing, Ederson looked worried on the bench (maybe thats in my mind)

We need to keep him as long as we can. Hard to keep hold of no. 2 keepers for very long, especially if they’re as good as Ortega. Complete performance last night. Not just the saves, but the calmness on the ball and the passes he picked out were top class.
Unless we can get the £100m he is worth, of course…

and we change the way we play, I think he will have to go too.
That is literally never going to happen unless we go under.

Pep or no Pep, this way of playing is ingrained in this club.

Super performance from Ortega last night, if he does that again throughout the cup competitions then he wont be here next summer.

Ederson has the worst save percentage in the league.
Means nothing without context that stat.
Anyway, this it Ortegas thread and he deserves all the praise he’s getting for last night and if he ends up as our number 1 it’s because he’s earned that spot.
I don’t feel the need to give grief to one of the players who has played a huge part in our success under Pep whilst praising someone else. It’s petty as fuck.

Excellent performance last night. He was a major factor in achieving the win when Chelsea threatened to fight back.

I’m not one of Eddie’s detractors but would be happy to see Stefan continue to get meaningful opportunities when circumstances suit.

It’s a while since I’ve thought that of a reserve City keeper.

Excellent performance last night. He was a major factor in achieving the win when Chelsea threatened to fight back.

I’m not one of Eddie’s detractors but would be happy to see Stefan continue to get meaningful opportunities when circumstances suit.

It’s a while since I’ve thought that of a reserve City keeper.
There seemed to be a lot of buzz from the club when he signed, with journos saying that City thought he was a sensational player.

He's not quite Ederson with his feet, but he's really, really good. He's certainly confident enough to draw pressure, and play the line breaking passes that Pep wants. He's almost certainly the better shot stopper though, and it's about time Ederson had some real competition.

It'll be interesting to see how much pressure Ortega puts on Pep if he keep up these kind of appearances all the way to Wembley in both cups.

Alot of Bundesliga fans online saying its not a surprise that performance, he was apparently the 2nd best shot stopper in the Bundesliga just behind Neuer. Ederson has real competition. Also he was apparently disregarded by alot of clubs due to being relegated with the teams he was in, but it wasn't his fault his team was bad. He also got the highest rating in the league for a goalkeeper even though he was playing in a relegation contender team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.