18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Zach Steffen's thread used to fill up with comments about how worried Ederson must be, how much better Steffen was etc. after an early round cup game.

He played a very good game, and I'm glad we've got a very good backup keeper - particularly one who's good with ball at feet so we don't have to change the way we play.

However, there's a reason Ederson has played 300 more games, has 3 golden gloves, 2 PL TOTY, 16 major trophies and Ortega, who is older than Ederson, hasn't.

Please don't go overboard.
He’s got 3 golden gloves because he plays in the best team which concedes the fewest chances.

You’re a stats guy, Eddie is bang average year on year in terms of goals conceded compared with expected post shot goals conceded:

BCFC3EC7-8F90-4D7A-9D94-2067ABE80874.jpeg

He’s conceded 1.7 more than he would be expected to concede so far this season (compared with Allison’s 7.5 goal out performance).

Eddie has been perfect for our system and always been an automatic first choice but if Ortega keeps this form up when he plays then it will mean that Ederson isn’t an automatic first choice. Long way to go though as it has only been 3 games, but he certainly looks very good and that’s the first keeper MOTM performance we’ve seen from a City keeper since the time of Hart.

Excellent job from him today! Some great saves and very calm on the ball.

I remember when Zach Steffen's thread used to fill up with comments about how worried Ederson must be, how much better Steffen was etc. after an early round cup game.

He played a very good game, and I'm glad we've got a very good backup keeper - particularly one who's good with ball at feet so we don't have to change the way we play.

However, there's a reason Ederson has played 300 more games, has 3 golden gloves, 2 PL TOTY, 16 major trophies and Ortega, who is older than Ederson, hasn't, and has instead spent most of his career in the German second division.

Please don't go overboard, and you don't need to try and tear down our starters every time a back up has a good game.
Well in tennis Wawrinka was barely a top 20 player then he hit 29 and he was a top 3 player for the next 4 years.

We are not saying all of this because he had just a good game. This has been the best game for any GK playing for City in at least 5 years that I remember. If you rmemeber a better match, please share the highlights and we can compare with Ortega's performance today.

After a performance like this, I would like to see him more. I already know what the top level of Ederson is, but I don't know if this was a miracle or if Ortega is able to reproduce this level constantly. If that's the case, Ortega is the starter for me with difference to be honest.

Well in tennis Wawrinka was barely a top 20 player then he hit 29 and he was a top 3 player for the next 4 years.

We are not saying all of this because he had just a good game. This has been the best game for any GK playing for City in at least 5 years that I remember. If you rmemeber a better match, please share the highlights and we can compare with Ortega's performance today.

After a performance like this, I would like to see him more. I already know what the top level of Ederson is, but I don't know if this was a miracle or if Ortega is able to reproduce this level constantly. If that's the case, Ortega is the starter for me with difference to be honest.

Stan Wawrinka broke in the world top 10 when he was 22 years old.

If you've got a list of goalkeepers who went from German 2nd division to world class after 30, please feel free to post it, but I'm going to wait for more than 1 win in a cup before I start calling for Ederson's head.

Just say he had a great game, you don't need to go overboard and turn it into an attack on Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.