18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't play after this game, then how can he play? Today's performance is the best I've seen for City in several years, and anyone who doesn't think, please share the highlights of a superior performance. The two saves agains Hall and the one against Pullisic are saves that Cortouis or prime Neuer would make in a great match.

Fuck me he’s good. Some of those saves tonight were brilliant (it’s amazing how accustomed you get to certain chances going in until they don’t).

Cruelly the life of a second choice goalkeeper will mean he’s straight back to the bench at the weekend. Shame for him really.

What a performance, sorry have to compare but never saw a match saving performance with nearly 4 100% goals (1offside) that was saved from eddy like Ortega did. Maybe there would be a change on GK position but the World Cup will not help him.

Excellent tonight, made some great saves and looks comfortable with the ball. A very good no 2.

Fuck me he’s good. Some of those saves tonight were brilliant (it’s amazing how accustomed you get to certain chances going in until they don’t).

Cruelly the life of a second choice goalkeeper will mean he’s straight back to the bench at the weekend. Shame for him really.
In the words of Erasure, it doesn’t have to be that way.

When we inevitably come under the cosh in the latter stages of the UCL hes shown how a top class stop shopper can keep you in a game and turn the tide in clutch situations. Incredible performance tonight.

I remember when Zach Steffen's thread used to fill up with comments about how worried Ederson must be, how much better Steffen was etc. after an early round cup game.

He played a very good game, and I'm glad we've got a very good backup keeper - particularly one who's good with ball at feet so we don't have to change the way we play.

However, there's a reason Ederson has played 300 more games, has 3 golden gloves, 2 PL TOTY, 16 major trophies and Ortega, who is older than Ederson, hasn't, and has instead spent most of his career in the German second division.

Please don't go overboard, and you don't need to try and tear down our starters every time a back up has a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.