18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just like that, Edersons Match winning saves against Brighton and Leicester and a superb performance against Fulham to help negate the man defecit are erased from history for the handful of weirdos that want ederson out.

Ortega played very well tonight, in reality most of those saves were standard saves he just had more to do than usual, the one in the second half down to his right after gomez got skinned was magnificent though. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing from him so far, seems like a natural fit and a giant step up from steffen but anybody calling for him to start league games have lost their mind.

Interesting. I can see both sides of the argument. I’m not sure the last time a team created as many clear cut chances against us. Certainly not the dippers when they beat us recently. If Eddie had played this evening would we have won? I think he would have conceded two of those chances. It would have made it a very tight game. Would his superior distribution contribute to more goals scored by us? Impossible to say.
Maybe he deserves a run in the CL.

You have to give him his dues for that performance. He also seems very likeable, confident and already communicates with the other players well on the pitch.

I agree though, it's getting annoying how many people are digging Eddie out, who's been good so far this season.

The funny thing is, if these fickle people had their way, we'd get rid of Eddie and end up looking for a new keeper as soon as they decide Ortega isn't good enough anymore(which we've already seen this season, when he had an off game lol).

If he keeps playing like this, they can share game time, push each other to become better. We can have both.

Last edited:
And just like that, Edersons Match winning saves against Brighton and Leicester and a superb performance against Fulham to help negate the man defecit are erased from history for the handful of weirdos that want ederson out.

Ortega played very well tonight, in reality most of those saves were standard saves he just had more to do than usual, the one in the second half down to his right after gomez got skinned was magnificent though. I'm very happy with what I'm seeing from him so far, seems like a natural fit and a giant step up from steffen but anybody calling for him to start league games have lost their mind.
This is being biased. The 1v1 was amazing. Please tell us when was the last time Ederson use his entire body to make himself bigger and stop a 1v1 with his leg completely extended? That was fantastic 1v1 technique. The pullisic shoot was going to the corner, Ortega was quick on reflexes and extremely quick in his movement. Those 2 saves are everything but standard. Even in 2nd half there was one shot from 5 yards with incredible reflexes, but that was more savable.

Anyone calling those saves standard and calling Ederson performance against Brighton match winning or Leicester... Superb performance against Fulham?? He didn't need even 1 save. Other than the penalty Fulham didn't do anything. Do you read yourself?!!

He made a decent reaction save against Leicester but in reality it was just above his head. Not his fault but had nothing to do v Fulham. I don’t remember any great saves against Brighton, fair play if he made some. I just remember the shocker he let in that day and almost gifting them a goal with a shite pass out that thankfully fell to Welbeck

This is being biased. The 1v1 was amazing. Please tell us when was the last time Ederson use his entire body to make himself bigger and stop a 1v1 with his leg completely extended? That was fantastic 1v1 technique. The pullisic shoot was going to the corner, Ortega was quick on reflexes and extremely quick in his movement. Those 2 saves are everything but standard. Even in 2nd half there was one shot from 5 yards with incredible reflexes, but that was more savable.

Anyone calling those saves standard and calling Ederson performance against Brighton match winning or Leicester... Superb performance against Fulham?? He didn't need even 1 save. Other than the penalty Fulham didn't do anything. Do you read yourself?!!

1 v 1 wasn't amazing, it was a very good save but all he's done is the basics and the Chelsea player has hit it close enough for him to save it. It's a very good save but it's standard keeping, the genuine amazing save was the one I already mentioned second half, no right to save that.

I'm calling it match winning performance because he's made a fantastic save in a close game against both Leicester and Brighton, Fulham it wasn't any save he made it was his distribution as I alluded to by saying he negated the man down because we used him and his passing ability basically as an outfield player.

There's no bias from me, I'm more than happy to just comment on ortega himself as you'll notice I have done so far this season if you read the thread back and I've been very complimentary of him so far but the comments about him starting ahead of ederson who himself has been in fantastic form in the last month are ridiuclous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.