18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

If I was Pep I’d say to him this is your chance to try and become number 1 and maybe even force a ticket to the Euros with Germany.

If he puts in solid performances now then Ederson should not just walk back into the team. No need to rush him back either.

No doubt Ortega will be highly motivated to show what he can do so hopefully it’s a benefit to us rather than a hindrance.

I think Ortega should be given a chance at staking a claim to be number 1. Ederson has been great for us but ultimately his actual goalkeeping i.e saving shots and making split second decisions leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

He didn't need to clean out the Liverpool player at the weekend and not only ended up giving away an obvious penalty but injuring himself in the process. It wasn't his fault that we were in that situation in the first place but I think better decision making leads to us perhaps not even conceding a goal rather than the eventual outcome.

They are two different goalies with two different styles, even though they have the same goalkeeping gurus doing the coaching. Eddie will have no competition when it comes to distribution, but I think Steffen is a better 'stopper'!
So do we need to change the way we play out from the back somewhat to accommodate Stefan not being as good with his distribution? Will he want to be receiving pass backs from the defenders with very little time to move the ball on?

So do we need to change the way we play out from the back somewhat to accommodate Stefan not being as good with his distribution? Will he want to be receiving pass backs from the defenders with very little time to move the ball on?
He's not cocked up more than Eddie has with playing out from the back. I'm less fearful with Ortega in net than some of the other No2's we've had. I think he is a sound goalie and much better than his No2 label might suggest.

I think Ortega should be given a chance at staking a claim to be number 1. Ederson has been great for us but ultimately his actual goalkeeping i.e saving shots and making split second decisions leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion.

He didn't need to clean out the Liverpool player at the weekend and not only ended up giving away an obvious penalty but injuring himself in the process. It wasn't his fault that we were in that situation in the first place but I think better decision making leads to us perhaps not even conceding a goal rather than the eventual outcome.
So so wrong, Oretga is excellent but you will see how good and special Ederson is in the next few games, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

He's not cocked up more than Eddie has with playing out from the back. I'm less fearful with Ortega in net than some of the other No2's we've had. I think he is a sound goalie and much better than his No2 label might suggest.
I agree he’s a great keeper, and could become our number 1, but as we rely so much on Eddie’s distribution with his feet, often with minimal time to do it, will we still continue to do that with Stefan in nets? He’s going to be getting much more game time for the next month or so. So will we adapt to accommodate him, or just continue as usual?

I agree he’s a great keeper, and could become our number 1, but as we rely so much on Eddie’s distribution with his feet, often with minimal time to do it, will we still continue to do that with Stefan in nets? He’s going to be getting much more game time for the next month or so. So will we adapt to accommodate him, or just continue as usual?
He's decent with his feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.