1894 Group: We need a big atmosphere next week v Spurs

Yeah, we need another Liverpool atmosphere, that was mint last year. By grouping together like the 1894 are trying to do, will help with that, plus they’re all decent lads.

I guess that’s why English atmospheres are the worst in Europe. Are you seriously saying that English atmospheres are better than that of BvB, PSG, Bayern, Ajax, etc because we don’t have a drum?
I mean a drum and organised fan chanting is what creates a good atmosphere and it’s old fans who stand there, quietly chanting one verse of a chant and refuse to innovate a bit more from the norm, is the reason our atmosphere is so bad
Every good drumless atmosphere is better than a drum lead atmosphere, hands down.

The drummer boy atmospheres consist of he same monotonous drum beat accompanied with the same lifeless droning “ooh woah Na Na Na la la la der der der oah woah” chants with no words.

Every time a set of fans has brought that to the Etihad I’ve been fed up of hearing it after five minutes of the game.

Give me the atmospheres we’ve had against United and Liverpool, the Chelsea 6-0, the first half of the United home game last season etc. over those boring bloody drum atmospheres every single time!

When City were new to being back in the European scene I used to wish for the Ultras style atmosphere at City. Now, after a decade of experience of it all, I am really not into the Ultras shite at all.

I find the drums annoying, the chants boring, the general atmospheres have no correlation to what’s actually going on in the game, half those Ultras don’t even watch the game as they are too busy facing the other way or doing some embarrassing choreographed clapping or dance, [I like flags and banners] but I find displays where everyone holds up some daft tin foil or bin bag a bit cheesy, and I think the silly £2.99 job lot t-shirts with heavy metal writing on them and stupid face masks they all wear are terrible... #nopyronoparty... no ta!

I feel really REALLY strongly about being anti-Ultra and hope we never ever have that sort of thing at City. I want to have a traditional English atmosphere where all the fans are involved in the game and belt out decent chants with words and no drums. It’s our culture, leave all that to the Europop drummer boys.

Casuals not Ultras... Traditional English Atmospheres!

All we need to do is be more pro-active and excitable in the stands. Just get involved more. Get more songs about City and not the players all the time so songs end up being mainstays for years and are ones that everyone can join in with in the stadium.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest the Liverpool atmosphere was brilliant this season. Boo the fuckers every time they touch it, sing songs that everyone knows and will join in and Bin these fucking songs about Liverpool. Don’t burn out on the concourses before the game or in the pub as the players can’t hear that.

Come on City
City city city
We’re not really here
Bluemoon
Hey Jude
Were Man City we fight to the end
We never win at home.
Stand up for champions

That’s plenty and most will join in.

All those others don’t get enough people involved so bin em for the night.
Spot on!

Those songs I’ve mentioned are sung maybe once a match. Maybe it’s a lack of people joining in?. Cardiff was a good example the other week - hey Jude was sung and way more people were joining in and singing.

‘ Dzeko song gets sung louder and far longer then every other song’ disagree with that - in 115 it probably is, but as soon as it gets sung the vast majority of fans in other blocks don’t join in with it. It kills the noise as people don’t want to sing it. Even in the south stand block 119( corner) sing different songs when it’s sung.

I 100% agree it’s up to other people to join in, but 115 in particular start the chants and recently there’s been an obsession with singing about Liverpool and Dzeko. More then the songs everyone knows
Yep.

I’m fed up of singing about Liverpool!

Maybe in the week before we play them and the games we do actually play them. But it’s like this weird obsession with them.

Allez allez allez isn’t even about anything to do with City until the last line. It’s an awful chant!

“We are City, super City, from Maine Road”, we don’t need to sing about other clubs so much!

Every good drumless atmosphere is better than a drum lead atmosphere, hands down.

The drummer boy atmospheres consist of he same monotonous drum beat accompanied with the same lifeless droning “ooh woah Na Na Na la la la der der der oah woah” chants with no words.

Every time a set of fans has brought that to the Etihad I’ve been fed up of hearing it after five minutes of the game.

Give me the atmospheres we’ve had against United and Liverpool, the Chelsea 6-0, the first half of the United home game last season etc. over those boring bloody drum atmospheres every single time!

When City were new to being back in the European scene I used to wish for the Ultras style atmosphere at City. Now, after a decade of experience of it all, I am really not into the Ultras shite at all.

I find the drums annoying, the chants boring, the general atmospheres have no correlation to what’s actually going on in the game, half those Ultras don’t even watch the game as they are too busy facing the other way or doing some embarrassing choreographed clapping or dance, [I like flags and banners] but I find displays where everyone holds up some daft tin foil or bin bag a bit cheesy, and I think the silly £2.99 job lot t-shirts with heavy metal writing on them and stupid face masks they all wear are terrible... #nopyronoparty... no ta!

I feel really REALLY strongly about being anti-Ultra and hope we never ever have that sort of thing at City. I want to have a traditional English atmosphere where all the fans are involved in the game and belt out decent chants with words and no drums. It’s our culture, leave all that to the Europop drummer boys.

Casuals not Ultras... Traditional English Atmospheres!

All we need to do is be more pro-active and excitable in the stands. Just get involved more. Get more songs about City and not the players all the time so songs end up being mainstays for years and are ones that everyone can join in with in the stadium.
100%

We need to sell a lot more tickets in the next week. Last year at the same stage the atmosphere was brilliant despite being 3 down from first leg. Hopefully the same for Spurs. Get buying Blues.

We need to sell a lot more tickets in the next week. Last year at the same stage the atmosphere was brilliant despite being 3 down from first leg. Hopefully the same for Spurs. Get buying Blues.

Yeah we do. I looked at the planner before and theres still so many blocks unsold. Like I said before the problem is the club are charging £70 for some tickets so good luck shifting those.

Looking forward to it all the same. Hoping for a great atmosphere in 115

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.