19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

He had a so/so game but I feel like the majority of the team had a so/so game today.

In the second half he was much better next to Rodri, maybe he needs a few more games with Kova to get a better understanding.

But he will be back to his best in no time!!

At this point Gundo needs to be playing in a City side that has 70% possession. Most weeks we will and he will be fine. He can’t play when games become basketball games like the 1st half was.

To be fair, I think he’s always been like that. It’s nothing new.

He wasn’t a bundle of energy in his first spell here and instead excels at the technical side of the game. Luckily (for him) not many teams will come at us the way Brentford did today and he’ll be really useful all season.

Just good to see him back in blue.

He had a so/so game but I feel like the majority of the team had a so/so game today.

In the second half he was much better next to Rodri, maybe he needs a few more games with Kova to get a better understanding.

But he will be back to his best in no time!!
He and Kovacic were completely uninvolved in the game first half. What was going on behind them probably didn’t inspire them with confidence but that is not a midfield than can start against teams with pace. We looked very sluggish today when they were cutting through us as will.

He was better in the last 20 mins when they tired but before that he looked his age.

Brilliant player, but Brentford played very well, especially in the 1st half. He needs some time to readjust to those sort of games. His quality is unquestionable.

Sadly reminds me a bit of when David Silva and Yaya looked slow at the end of their careers. :(

I'm not sure if he's lost half a step or Brentford were so fast they looked like they were deer running around in a park.

Honestly that performance kind of showed that there has been at least some of a drop off since he was last here. Don’t think he starts the really big games coming up, that will be Bernardo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.