19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez is great, great, great. One of the best young players in the world right now, and one of the best strikers in England.

But I feel, looking at this forum, that a lot of City fans have forgotten exactly how good Erling Haaland is, since it's been nearly two months since we had the pleasure of watching him at full fitness. Remember the hat-trick against United? Remember the volley vs Dortmund? The 4th goal vs Palace, opener against Brighton, etc. Alvarez is good, but he's not THAT good. No shame in being not quite as good as one of the best young strikers in the history of the game, though.

If you're asking whether he's up the pecking order on the wings, though, I would say maybe? But he's clearly better centrally. I'd like to see a 442 regardless, as I'm really not a fan of Jack or the current iteration of Mahrez, and I think Foden is way better centrally.
Yup, we are all dullards with severe memory problems.

Haaland who?

ffs

I'm of the opinion they are lucky to play football and get well paid for it, get out there and play and train as hard as required.

So let's hope you're wrong about his mental fatigue.
I think footballers are incredibly lucky to get paid as well as they do. But whereas big pay checks can pay to relieve some of the daily stresses that the rest of us face. They don't remove all stresses and their job is essentially to play better than other incredibly well paid footballers not all of whom will have had the amount of moving, WC and continuous season that he has had.
I am not saying these things will be afactor but I certainly would not be surprised if they were and we get a bit of mental tiredeness in the second half of this season

Man, signing Grealish was comfortably the worst decision we've made since the takeover. I have no clue what our (usually excellent) board were thinking. You're right, this would be great, but it would mean Pep admitting that Jack isn't good enough, which we would never allow.
He can rotate

Man, signing Grealish was comfortably the worst decision we've made since the takeover. I have no clue what our (usually excellent) board were thinking. You're right, this would be great, but it would mean Pep admitting that Jack isn't good enough, which we would never allow.
It would mean playing a completely different system to the one we play, clogging up the centre of the pitch, and giving up the control that our manger desires. Not sure what Grealish has to do with it. It's not like Pep has been breaking his back or the system to get him in the game.

What do you mean wouldn't allow ? Pep wouldn't play him if he thought he wasn't tgood enough,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.