19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
£17 million! And his confidence and creativity is infectious. I will say it…Messi’s legacy is what it is, but he has been more effective in this tournament when Alvarez has been on the pitch.
Alvarez with that energy and enthusiasm is infectious to the other players and to the crowd watching.

He gives his all and along with his considerable skill set makes him a magnificent team player.

Superstar in the making for me, we are incredibly lucky to have him

The kid has been flat out with not much break since last year before the start of the season with river plate. If Argentina win Sunday I'd say city should give the kid a good 2 or 3 weeks off to recharge

have i just heard this right McQueen (ssn) just said Alvarez was virtually unknown before city signed him for 14 million and now they THINK they got a bargin

The kid has been flat out with not much break since last year before the start of the season with river plate. If Argentina win Sunday I'd say city should give the kid a good 2 or 3 weeks off to recharge

It would depend on him really. With most players I would agree, to play for as long as he has without a break with those energy levels is outstanding.
Perhaps a weekend in Blackpool will do the trick.
He will at most likely be starting one match a week so that will help.

Lol - and so it starts - the sports scientists. Rest our in form players or anyone who doesn't play as well as they did in a previous game. Let's see how the hungry, 22 year old recovers with all the 5 star facilities at his disposal. Perhaps a day or two off training?
Sorry to vent - but the knee-jerk "resting" is my hobby horse - among many others.

Last edited:
It would depend on him really. With most players I would agree, to play for as long as he has without a break with those energy levels is outstanding.
Perhaps a weekend in Blackpool will do the trick.
He will at most likely be starting one match a week so that will help.

Pep will probably give him 2 weeks off, which would be enough for him, given he hasn't played a lot of football between August and December. Guess, Alvarez will be back for Chelsea away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.