19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack of all trades atm and some positions suit him better than others.
A valuable squad member is how I’d describe his time with us so far with the potential to be much much more in the future.
I think some forget that he’s a cheap punt that has worked out very well so far.

Lovely lad. Great finisher. Never ever ever in a million years is he a midfielder though and I have not the faintest idea why Pep thinks he is. His numbers are great granted, but yesterday was a woeful performance from him and quite frankly it’s a disgrace that Foden ended up on the right wing first half to accommodate him centrally. Should’ve been Phil in the 10 Bobb on the right if Pep wanted to rest Bernardo and Walker.

We want to give him as much time as possible to keep him happy because when/if Haaland goes, he'll slot straight into the team. The last thing we want is for him to go due to lack of game time and then a year later Haaland wants to go as well. When both are fit, that midfield spot is the only place he can realistically play. If it means more versatile players like Foden also play out wide then so be it. There's also the factor that other options like Nunes & Kovacic haven't ripped up trees so Pep is happy to give the spot to Alverez due to his overall productivity.

Left foot, right foot, work rate, first touch… guy has it all.. can’t blame pep for starting him every game even if it ruins the team balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.