19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
KDB had a better one against Madrid at home, Haaland had many better ones. Julian barely played recently and he is getting the blame? We were winning with Julian starting.
Unforgivable as in if you miss chances like that in a cup final you will pay for it and that's what happened, Kdb's miss against Madrid was the same, I didn't mean it like I would never forgive him for that miss, I meant in the context of the game.

Absolute rubbish. Bar the 4 game skid without Rodri, we were arguably playing betting football in the first half of the season, with Alvarez and Foden leading the line versus Haaland and KDB.
Nah loses the ball too much. In his defence he isn’t a midfielder and shouldn’t be played there

Just move him on for £50 million

Has had a really stalling season where he hasn't played much, and hasn't actually offered much all season

Started 31 in league, only until recently with Kev back and Pep realising he's in Phils way have his minutes dropped... position and goal/assist output same as someone like Wirtz who people would be happy to see us spend like 130m on.

Do think we need to add a more clinical attacker though.

Absolute rubbish. Bar the 4 game skid without Rodri, we were arguably playing betting football in the first half of the season, with Alvarez and Foden leading the line versus Haaland and KDB.
our best performances of the season were the last 9 premier league matches. "hoolian" is another jesus, will probably play for a decent team, never good enough for a top team challenging for trebles.

Started 31 in league, only until recently with Kev back and Pep realising he's in Phils way have his minutes dropped... position and goal/assist output same as someone like Wirtz who people would be happy to see us spend like 130m on.

Do think we need to add a more clinical attacker though.
Yeah maybe you're right, it's hard cause sometimes the grass looks greener and it's not.

Just think he's had a very slow season, but if I'm honest I don't think we've been outstanding as a squad, which makes winning the league even sweeter.

Big summer ahead hopefully, with a few big decisions being made.

I was going to say Dirk Kuyt. A work horse with some quality but not quite top level.
Fair enough but Kuyt had the physical build to fight players off, Alvarez seems like he either needs to work on his physical build or at least set a daily alarm to remind him that he can't go into 50/50's with much bigger players.

If he's not going to get stronger (I don't see why he shouldn't anyway, even Spanish Dave adjusted to the league and got as strong as an ox), then at least learn to guard the ball properly like Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.