19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Yeah he was being one of the best until Pep decided to change his position so he could put him and Haaland together, that only worked for a ver little period of time, and as soon as KdB and Haaland were back in the starting lineup everything became more and more complicated for Julian, i think Pep only made things worse by making him play in the midfield. But let's be clear on one thing, it wasn't just Julian who struggled, it was the whole team, this was a very irregular season in general.

I thought the comparisons to Tevez were justified early on….I got it badly wrong.

When he first arrived he was making runs and people were finding him in those channels between centre half and the fullback. He was finishing well and often from acute angles.

Cannot recall the last time this happened. That seems to have completely gone from his game.

Started off promising but looking like he is tailing off, even at his age. Initially I said we need to keep Real Madrid off our backs with this but no need for that now. Similar to Gabriel Jesus still a useful player to have. Not quite good enough to really rely on as a regular.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.