19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because the following day he flew off to an international tournament.

He was anything other than "slightly underwhelming" he had a great start for me, nobody should have expected him to be first team regular.
Hell, I'd argue he was a first team regular. He featured almost 50 times and bagged nearly 20 goals his first season with us. If anything I think he exceeded expectations
Bagging 17 goals not being a starter in his first season, he is our second highest goal scorer, that is very phenomenal.

What everybody seems to forget about Alvarez, the boy, at the age of 23 has completed football. He has won everything the is to win in football, I am sure the Carabao is on its way if that matters to anybody. Lord have mercy, he is the only player in world football to win the WORLD CUP and the TREBLE in the same season!

LETS PUT RESPECT ON THIS MAN'S NAME!

There is alot of talk about transfers but for me the most intriguing topic is how we can integrate Alvarez into the starting team so he gets more game time.

It will be a big challenge for Pep to shoehorn him into the starting eleven as that would mean a massive reshuffle of our system of play. I think Pep will play him in the first months more often than last season and will see how it plays out.

How many league goals would be a good season for Alvarez next season? Had 9 in his first season with a healthy Haaland. With our lack of forward/winger depth I could see him slotting 13-16 if Haaland stats fit, and maybe add an extra 4-5 for every month Haaland misses (hopefully none). Maybe add a couple goals if Mahrez/Bernardo leave? Leave some predictions.

I think he and Phil will have a lot more minutes next season, particularly if Mahrez or Bernie leave. OK, slightly different skills, but Pep has shown how he can get players to adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.