19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he will have a massive impact on next season. With losing Gundogans goals and Mahrez on the right I think we see Alvarez playing just off Haaland and providing that additional goal threat.
Yeah I suspect he can be tried just on the right of Haaland so he can cross on his right foot to make that "Kevin run and cross" move we love to do.

Although I constantly read about people saying he should play on the wing and I completely disagree with such a notion.

He isnt a 1v1 dribbler, ball controller, or chance creator of the level we require on the wings.

Yeah I suspect he can be tried just on the right of Haaland so he can cross on his right foot to make that "Kevin run and cross" move we love to do.

Although I constantly read about people saying he should play on the wing and I completely disagree with such a notion.

He isnt a 1v1 dribbler, ball controller, or chance creator of the level we require on the wings.
yes he will never play on the wing. pep will try to put him behind haaland.

I agree, I think one of his real skills is how he sees a pass and is quick with it so when he does play I like the idea of just behind Haaland.

He’s almost as identical to G Jesus, offers lots of energy and work rate but never confident he will smash them in.
Good back up to haaland but I would prefer KDB or foden behind haaland instead of Alvarez.

He’s almost as identical to G Jesus, offers lots of energy and work rate but never confident he will smash them in.
Good back up to haaland but I would prefer KDB or foden behind haaland instead of Alvarez.
Strange really, I’ve always thought Alvarez finishing has been brilliant.

Strange really, I’ve always thought Alvarez finishing has been brilliant.

He has scored some great goals I agree, something feels missing with him though, maybe it’s his positioning to get into the chances etc.

We just seem to be playing without a striker when haaland went off. Reminded me of the season with Jesus playing as a false 9 and never really expecting him to score but just be a workhorse.

He worked extremely hard and was dead those last fifteen minutes. I was surprised Pep didn't make a change for him but I still don't think he's as great as some make him out to be. Very good player but a week-in, week-out starter? I'm still unsure. He absolutely shouldn't be playing at the expense of Phil, though. With that being said he was better than Erling on the day.

He has scored some great goals I agree, something feels missing with him though, maybe it’s his positioning to get into the chances etc.

We just seem to be playing without a striker when haaland went off. Reminded me of the season with Jesus playing as a false 9 and never really expecting him to score but just be a workhorse.
Haalands movement and physicality gets him in the better positions to score. But I said last season Alvarez is a better striker of the ball than Haaland is, just hasn’t got the other attributes that Haaland has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.