19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true. Sergio was going to Madrid for 10 years same with David Silva. All the players you have mentioned were either coming to the end of their careers or not wanted by City. City are not a selling club and none of our players will be going to Madrid.
Pep has said several times that if a player genuinely wants to leave, he won't stand in their way.
I think Pep would have been more than happy to have held on to the likes of Jesus, Gundogan, Mahrez, Zinchenko etc. but they left for their own reasons, whether it be more playing time or money.
If the likes of Barcelona or Madrid are putting together a suitable offer, I am guessing the players agents will at least answer the phone.
Madrid have had several of the best players in the world and still have.

Pep has said several times that if a player genuinely wants to leave, he won't stand in their way.
I think Pep would have been more than happy to have held on to the likes of Jesus, Gundogan, Mahrez, Zinchenko etc. but they left for their own reasons, whether it be more playing time or money.
If the likes of Barcelona or Madrid are putting together a suitable offer, I am guessing the players agents will at least answer the phone.
Madrid have had several of the best players in the world and still have.
Sorry, but thinking Haaland would leave City after only 2 years to join RM is a pussy perspective coming from any City fan's point of view...

Sorry, but thinking Haaland would leave City after only 2 years to join RM is a pussy perspective coming from any City fan's point of view...
Never said Haaland would leave. This is the Alvarez thread.
But its a little bit arrogant to think that a player may not be influenced by a club like Madrid.
They may not have the influence they once had but Bellingham went there and supposedly Mbappe wants to go there.
I haven't a clue what runs through players heads. I was very surprised to see Gundogan heading to Barcelona and Mahrez , Laporte to Saudi Arabia.

yep

Leroy wanted to go home and after the bad ACL injury he's not yet gone on to rock it at Munich
he is playing better than ever at the moment. 15 scorer in 11 farmers league games. kicker has given him an average rating of 1,88 (1 best, 6 worst) in the league. kane has a 2,18 for comparison with 17 goals.

Never said Haaland would leave. This is the Alvarez thread.
But its a little bit arrogant to think that a player may not be influenced by a club like Madrid.
They may not have the influence they once had but Bellingham went there and supposedly Mbappe wants to go there.
I haven't a clue what runs through players heads. I was very surprised to see Gundogan heading to Barcelona and Mahrez , Laporte to Saudi Arabia.
I'm not saying you said Haaland would leave. I'm saying any City fan who thinks he would leave us after only 2 seasons is a bit of a mouse...

Not true. Sergio was going to Madrid for 10 years same with David Silva. All the players you have mentioned were either coming to the end of their careers or not wanted by City. City are not a selling club and none of our players will be going to Madrid.
Interestingly, both came from La Liga. Maybe players that already played there didn't fancied the appeal of Madrid as much as foreign (non-La Liga) players did. Off the top of my head, Mata and Cazorla at their peak also did not join Madrid/Barca.

Tbf, I understand the appeal however.

Interestingly, both came from La Liga. Maybe players that already played there didn't fancied the appeal of Madrid as much as foreign (non-La Liga) players did. Off the top of my head, Mata and Cazorla at their peak also did not join Madrid/Barca.

Tbf, I understand the appeal however.
And yet we have never sold to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.