19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe.
Something is wrong though. It looks as if he forgot how to play footy. His goal threat is completely gone. Wonder if there are any personal issues.
I think it's just a rough patch, but it doesn't help that he's been having very little scoring situations, it's not like he is missing sitters, the whole team is having dificulties finding the spaces for either him or Haaland, specially against teams that defend with more than half of their players near their own area.

He’s been poor for about 2 months now, doesn’t deserve to start over Foden in the 10, isn’t showing any threat up front either.

Needs to be dropped altogether, maybe it’s fatigue or maybe he isn’t as good as we thought, we’ll only know with time.

I think it's just a rough patch, but it doesn't help that he's been having very little scoring situations, it's not like he is missing sitters, the whole team is having dificulties finding the spaces for either him or Haaland, specially against teams that defend with more than half of their players near their own area.
He did have a good chance first half. Free header from 10 yards out which was a fairly easy save for the keeper. It was on target though. He shouldn’t be playing as many games as he is for me.

He did have a good chance first half. Free header from 10 yards out which was a fairly easy save for the keeper. It was on target though. He shouldn’t be playing as many games as he is for me.
Fair enough, but have you ever seen him score goals with his head? Of course he could've done better in that situation but i wouldn't expect him to be good at heading (as i wouln'd expect Foden or Bernardo to be good at it either), every player has strengths and weaknesses.

We lose a lot with him not being able to come from the bench fresh vs tired defences. Few times it happened like Leipzig away it helped a lot.

also we have none left on the bench who is a match changer on bench.

He's out of form, largely because he's played so much. It's not happening for him at the moment, but his numbers for us are similar to Jesus where he's performing much better in Europe than in the league. Long term I'm not concerned. He's a tenacious fucker who'll happily get stuck in. And he's had to play a number of positions. It's tough for the whole team to adjust to him being the 9 and for him to move into the right places to get on the ball as a 9 rather than a 10.

This Club World Cup break has come at a good time. We need a reset. A little trip to warmer climes and a chance to hopefully get some more silverware. Then come back with a bit of confidence hopefully. Although we have to win it first!

Needs a rest, most of Julians game is built around being sharp to react and constant pressure on the defenders. If he's not 100% it really shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.