19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had a first touch he would be world class but it bounces off him like a trampoline half the time.
Sorry but thats just a load of bollocks.Some people are never satisfied with his work and energy levels and he`s still a rough diamond at times but I`d have him in the team most days of the week.

Sorry but thats just a load of bollocks.Some people are never satisfied with his work and energy levels and he`s still a rough diamond at times but I`d have him in the team most days of the week.
I'd also have him in the team, but not if it means coming at the expense of Phil playing centrally.

Felt he was really involved early on, some decent efforts on target from the edge of the box but then seemed to get a bit lost within the system and couldn't really work out his role as he found himself shadowing foden. Worked his arse off though.

not really his fault he is playing in midfield, but i dont really think he posses most of the qualities needed there, he loses the ball very easily, questionable first touch and just doesnt seem to have the same awareness as our other midfielders.

he does have a good shot on him though

we know he doesn`t have the best first touch but his workrate regarding pressing/defensive running compared to Doku/Grealish/Haaland will always secure him more often than not a starting spot in the first eleven...as long as he has a good shoot efficacy in front of the goal Pep will overlook some turnovers here & there...& he`s good at set pieces

Its the crunch part of the season now and I'm just not sure he should be starting if it isn't as a striker. No doubt he can do a job in midfield but there was times when he was playing like a double pivot next to Rodri. It just doesn't suit him or the team and I really don't see the benefit in it, apart from him having a bit of space for a shot here and there. Its no slant on him and its a tough one because he does have that knack of making things happen but the team balance seems off when we try and force him into the team in midfield. Especially when Kev and Foden are playing centrally too, as it leaves Rodri completely isolated.

not really his fault he is playing in midfield, but i dont really think he posses most of the qualities needed there, he loses the ball very easily, questionable first touch and just doesnt seem to have the same awareness as our other midfielders.

he does have a good shot on him though
Not sure what games you are watching but everything you have stated is simply untrue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to fathom out why some City fans don't
really rate Alvarez as highly as they should, and pretty much agree with what you say. True, he is still fairly new to English football and probably is still adjusting to an extent. Having said that ,his goal ratio for us is something like 1 in every 2 and a half games and he certainly works his bollocks off for sure!!

Hard to fathom out why some City fans don't
really rate Alvarez as highly as they should, and pretty much agree with what you say. True, he is still fairly new to English football and probably is still adjusting to an extent. Having said that ,his goal ratio for us is something like 1 in every 2 and a half games and he certainly works his bollocks off for sure!!
Probably because he came directly from south america and didn't cost 80M euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.