19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought its back to the bench for him once KDB is back but even Foden playing centrally and KDB is back too and Haaland as well and Alvarez still manages to start games so clearly Pep wants to find place for him even if it means sitting all Bernardo, Doku, Grealish on the bench sometimes.
Maybe he’s doing something good that some people can’t see. Pep should know.

He is fantastic but when Haaland is fit, it feels like we are trying to shoehorn him into the side. Hes too good for the bench but not good enough to replace Haaland and his performance levels drop when he plays deeper.

He's never 'bad,' but if Foden was playing there as Julian has, do we think Pep would keep persisting that way? I certainly don't. Pep still beats a dead horse over Phil's one giveaway versus Palace that led to the penalty... I know I'll get shit on for saying he's catering to his Latin favorite, and maybe I'm being cynical, but it sure feels that way to me.

He's never 'bad,' but if Foden was playing there as Julian has, do we think Pep would keep persisting that way? I certainly don't. Pep still beats a dead horse over Phil's one giveaway versus Palace that led to the penalty... I know I'll get shit on for saying he's catering to his Latin favorite, and maybe I'm being cynical, but it sure feels that way to me.
pep is disrespecting the shit out of foden, how do you watch someone drop 10/10 performances in his best position, praise him in every interview and keep talking how his future is there then put him on the touchline while a man his half his ability drops stinkers in his position?

you can understand if he did for KDB, but for alvarez? heinous.

foden has also been doing a lot more defensive work this season.

A nightmare game today for him, really nothing came off. It must have been frustrating because hes a solid player, just probably not starter material in this team with this kind of quality in competition for places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.