Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Neil McNab said:
From day one I've been left wondering how De Jong gets away with playing football for a living when he has no skills to speak of. The best defenders don't slide tackle unless it's the only option, De Jong revels in pushing the boundaries of what he can get away with.
A poor quality footballer, plain and simple!
He would probably get in any team in the world,had Essien in his pocket last week,played in the WC final,i reckon he must have something don't you?

Amazing that some of our own "fans" can't support Nige yet NEWCASTLE'S ASSISTANT MANAGER can.

Magpies assistant defends De Jong
James Robson and Stuart Brennan
October 05, 2010

Nigel de Jong is fighting to save his international career after the Manchester City hard-man was sensationally dumped by Holland.

But the midfielder has found an unexpected ally – after the challenge that left winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a double leg break – in the shape of Newcastle assistant boss Colin Calderwood, who went against his own manager by saying the horror injury owed much to misfortune.

Though de Jong will not face any action from the FA, his Holland future is on the line as he faces showdown talks with national boss Bert van Marwijk after being axed from the Euro 2012 qualifiers with Moldova and Sweden because of the incident.

De Jong came in for heavy criticism following a brutal challenge on Spain’s Xabi Alonso in a World Cup final that led to wide-spread condemnation for Holland’s cynical approach.

However, Calderwood played down the Ben Arfa challenge, saying the fracture owed a lot to misfortune and that he would not like to see that type of tackle outlawed.

“At first the tackle looked really strong – he went into the challenge very, very quickly,” said Calderwood. “We tried to get a quick look at the replay, but there was no replay coming up on the camera in the tunnel.

“But I wouldn’t want to take that type of challenge out of our football.

“The consequences of the challenge are horrible but there was a certain amount of misfortune in that Hatem’s legs were attached to the ground a little bit and the force with which de Jong hit him definitely moved the leg.”

While de Jong frets over his national future, City legend, Tony Book, believes Roberto Mancini could be the big winner in his international exile.

“If you were looking for a positive from it you would say at least he’ll be fresh after the international break,” said the former Blues player and manager. “That might please the manager, given how important he is to City, but Nigel would always want to play for his country.”

For his part, Blues assistant boss Brian Kidd insisted: “Nigel is as honest as the day is long. There is no malice in him at all.”

Benarbia said:
big blueballs said:
I have read some shit on here over the last year or so but the way some are having a go at dejong is unbelievable
The tackle was hard but fair and only people who have never played the game at any level or have an agenda against dejong can come to the conclusion it was dangerous and reckless

FYI the Dutch coach - Van Marwijk made 468 appearance in club football and also played for Holland. I think he is qualified enough hth

has van bommel been selected

De Jong has been dropped from the Dutch squad because of the bad press they got at the WC by the same manager that sent them out to kick fuck out of anything that moved.
Hypocricy and shit management of the highest order that might just come back to bite him on his arse

Just watched the extended highlights on the City o/s of the game. Forward to 2.17 mins and tell me whats different in Nigels tackle from the one that broke Ben Arfa's leg. The tackling technique was the same. The intensity of the challenge was the same. The only difference is that players standing leg is rooted in the ground. IM wondering whether this player had larger than usual studs to cope with the conditions. Please watch the tackle before any comments with there own pre set thoughts!

LoveCity said:
Amazing that some of our own "fans" can't support Nige yet NEWCASTLE'S ASSISTANT MANAGER can.

Magpies assistant defends De Jong
James Robson and Stuart Brennan
October 05, 2010

Nigel de Jong is fighting to save his international career after the Manchester City hard-man was sensationally dumped by Holland.

But the midfielder has found an unexpected ally – after the challenge that left winger Hatem Ben Arfa with a double leg break – in the shape of Newcastle assistant boss Colin Calderwood, who went against his own manager by saying the horror injury owed much to misfortune.

Though de Jong will not face any action from the FA, his Holland future is on the line as he faces showdown talks with national boss Bert van Marwijk after being axed from the Euro 2012 qualifiers with Moldova and Sweden because of the incident.

De Jong came in for heavy criticism following a brutal challenge on Spain’s Xabi Alonso in a World Cup final that led to wide-spread condemnation for Holland’s cynical approach.

However, Calderwood played down the Ben Arfa challenge, saying the fracture owed a lot to misfortune and that he would not like to see that type of tackle outlawed.

“At first the tackle looked really strong – he went into the challenge very, very quickly,” said Calderwood. “We tried to get a quick look at the replay, but there was no replay coming up on the camera in the tunnel.

“But I wouldn’t want to take that type of challenge out of our football.

“The consequences of the challenge are horrible but there was a certain amount of misfortune in that Hatem’s legs were attached to the ground a little bit and the force with which de Jong hit him definitely moved the leg.”

While de Jong frets over his national future, City legend, Tony Book, believes Roberto Mancini could be the big winner in his international exile.

“If you were looking for a positive from it you would say at least he’ll be fresh after the international break,” said the former Blues player and manager. “That might please the manager, given how important he is to City, but Nigel would always want to play for his country.”

For his part, Blues assistant boss Brian Kidd insisted: “Nigel is as honest as the day is long. There is no malice in him at all.”

And MOTD2 can defend and support him as well as Calderwood! Isn't that strange? While FUCKING IDIOTS like Collymore and Durham on TalkSport can brainwash you impressionable fools into thinking it was bad! And someone who picks and plays the dirtiest fucker in football (van Bommell) will happily drop de Jong for this, what does that say about that FUCKING IDIOT?!

His feet weren't high, weren't above the ball, were actually on the ground - it was de Jong's knee that hit Ben Arfa's leg causing the injury, not two feet! It was tough but fair, he went for the ball and won the ball, and really unfortunately the way both players legs were an injury was caused.

Anyone of you blues going against de Jong in all this you don't have a clue what you're on about and you are a disgrace! and in my book you can fuck off, i'm ashamed you follow the same club as me!

Barntonblue said:
Just watched the extended highlights on the City o/s of the game. Forward to 2.17 mins and tell me whats different in Nigels tackle from the one that broke Ben Arfa's leg. The tackling technique was the same. The intensity of the challenge was the same. The only difference is that players standing leg is rooted in the ground. IM wondering whether this player had larger than usual studs to cope with the conditions. Please watch the tackle before any comments with there own pre set thoughts!

and watch the proper clip, with the camera zoomed out, not the slow-mo, zoomed in one. Everything looks worse when they zoom in and slow it down.

Or, like I've said before look at the tackle at 2.45 of Williamson on Tevez and tell me that had Tevez's leg got wedged under the challenge he wouldn't have ended up with a broken leg. Yet Chris Houghton (who I like by the way) said that he didn't think this one was even a foul (even though he took man first). You see 10+ challenges like De Jong's every weekend in the Prem and only very rarely do they end in injury. It's just very bad luck.

Egyptian said:
blumoonrises said:
For me this pic says it all, his outstretched leg got the ball... the problem was that his knee on his trailing leg jammed Arfa's leg into the turf, the leg he had all his weight on.

De-Jong-Newcastle.jpg

It easily happens, I was playing 5 a side a few years back and broke a guys leg with a fair challenge when I slid in to get a touch on the ball which would have took it past the keeper, the defender got his standing foot behind the ball and crack... his bone came through his sock. And that was one of my best mates.
That's Wayne Routledge.

Here's another view:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ6Zg2nz3KA&feature=related[/youtube]

It's a coward tackle really. In fact it's more like an assault.

I wish you'd seriously fuck off. I'm fed up of you spouting shit all the time you little ragtastic twat.

Assault? You want to try a night out in Rochdale then pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.