Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Nasty injury but no malice in it. Wish the Newcastle lad all the best of course.

Egyptian said:
baldybouncer said:
If it was dangerous play, which it wasn't, then the ref would have had a say in the matter not to mention that the Newcastle players would have caused an unholy stink at the time of the tackle.

Yes because refs always get the decisions right.

So where was all the Newcastle protests then?

yeseye said:
If that was, say Nolan on Silva for instance, i would be furious.
It was at least reckless and warrented a straight red imo.

This

baldybouncer said:
Egyptian said:
Up for grabs? By going studs up with one foot, and kicking the side of the knee with the other?

-- Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm --

It's clearly dangerous play.

If it was dangerous play, which it wasn't, then the ref would have had a say in the matter not to mention that the Newcastle players would have caused an unholy stink at the time of the tackle.
And Chris Hughton would have had something to say after the game. His only complaints were the two penalty decisions; One that went against them and one they didnt get.

dont worry about retro bans, the ref deemed it to be fair, thus the fa telling a seniour ref doesnt know the difference. Not going to happen unless they get the microscope out on every incident

I thought it was 50/50, with the injured player bottling it at the last min.

Egyptian said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Have you been to specsavers recently? You should - Ben Arfa clearly loses control of the ball rendering it up for grabs - his touch was poor - very unfortunate and I feel for the lad

Up for grabs? By going studs up with one foot, and kicking/going in with full force on the side of the knee with the other leg?

-- Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:11 pm --

baldybouncer said:
You explain to us how it isn't a 50:50 ball then, because I see this as a fair tackle, hard yes, but fair! Just because a player, unfortunately, breaks a leg in a tackle doesn't automatically mean that the tackler showed intent or deserves the harangueing that that player will receive in the press.

It's clearly dangerous play.

It was a good tackle, he clearly got the ball but with bad consequences. Hope the lads ok & recovers soon

Sabster said:
yeseye said:
If that was, say Nolan on Silva for instance, i would be furious.
It was at least reckless and warrented a straight red imo.

This

Always the same names trying to look for the negatives in every fucking result. Seriously, you need to stop winding everyone up it's ruining the forum.

I missed it at the time but seeing that clip the ball was there to be won, DJ won it, unfortunate for Benarfa.

Part of the parcel of playing acontact sport. Ref had a good view - nothing given. Why? COS IT WAS A GOOD CHALLENGE!

If Ben Arfa hadn't been injured and just got back up then everyone on here would be praising De Jong and what a good tackler he is, but because of the injury it apparently makes it a bad tackle. Nonsense.

Good challenge, bad outcome. Simples!

Just saw some kind fo youtube video.

De Jong got the ball. Fair tackle. Not even a foul, never mind a red card. The injury, while a shame, is inconsequential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.