Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Egyptian said:
baldybouncer said:
So where was all the Newcastle protests then?

They didn't have access to the tv-broadcast?
Most tackles look worse than they are when you slow them right down.

Egyptian said:
Just a quick point here. Both Kevin Keegan and Nicky Butt have played at the highest level (title winning and European Cup/CL winning teams), agreed? Both of those men viewed the same replays as you have watched, at half time. Both of them agreed that there was nothing malicious or reckless in the tackle. I'm just wondering what makes you think you know better than those two pundits. Serious question.

jimharri said:
Egyptian said:
Just a quick point here. Both Kevin Keegan and Nicky Butt have played at the highest level (title winning and European Cup/CL winning teams), agreed? Both of those men viewed the same replays as you have watched, at half time. Both of them agreed that there was nothing malicious or reckless in the tackle. I'm just wondering what makes you think you know better than those two pundits. Serious question.
True, but I disagree with what pundits say all the time. Especially Andy Grey. He seems to think contact = penalty. Even if that contact isn't enough to knock over a newborn 3 legged kitten.

Egyptian said:
rastus said:
It was a good tackle, he clearly got the ball but with bad consequences. Hope the lads ok & recovers soon

Ok. I think it's very subjective allso.

Of course, but Nige is our hard man, that doesnt mean hes a dirty fcker (not for us anyway), but a player that the opposition must be well aware of and unsettles them.
If he didnt challenge for balls like that he would be half the player. Hell go in hard when needed, sometimes hell get it wrong but imo he didnt today

I was sat in the 3rd tier facing the tackle, as soon as it happened i looked to the lad next to me and said im sure i heard a snap then, he said he did also but i dont think it was a bad tackle. Its football, sometimes players will get injured, thats the nature of the game. Had De Jong not have made that tackle in the World Cup Final we wouldnt even be debating this issue right now, we would be saying "oh, its just one of those unfortunate things". Shit happens, lets move on, oh were 2nd in the league!!!

Egyptian said:
The offences that warrant a red card are defined in FIFA’s Laws of the Game

1. Being guilty of ‘serious foul play’ (for instance, a very dangerous tackle).

2.Dangerous tackle. I think the outcome for Ben Arfa might be evidence enough.

Absolute rubbish... do you think the tackles on Cisse were dangerous, when he broke his legs?

Just because an opposition player gets an injury isn't proof the tackle was dangerous.

The only person i've heard who thought the tackle was bad was Colylmore (talksport agenda) no one in the ground, Newcastle included, complained about the tackle; player, supporter and management alike.

Egyptian said:
jimharri said:

Well, i guess the rules are up to interpretation
. http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_red_cards.html

The offences that warrant a red card are defined in FIFA’s Laws of the Game

1. Being guilty of ‘serious foul play’ (for instance, a very dangerous tackle).

Dangerous tackle. I think the outcome for Ben Arfa might be evidence enough.
I'd imagine that they (Keegan and Butt) are fairly well up to speed on the laws of the game, having recently played or managed in the Premier League. You didn't really answer my question re. you knowing better than either Keegan or Butt.

De Jong was the best player on the pitch today. I haven't seen a replay but it looked like he took the ball to me.

Oh when De Jong, goes sliding in...

ste.sully said:
I'm ******* sick of people whinging about injuries and "unfair" tackles like sissys. Football is a contact sport, injuries are part and parcel of the game, GET OVER IT.

It was just unfortunate that Ben Arfa's trailing leg was caught, nothing malicious in it at all, just unfortunate. I wish the lad a full recovery, sooner hopefully.

Now shut up and stop whining like that French moaner Wenger again "tackles" being "illegal". Go and play cricket, golf or tennis if you don't like

Hang on and let me wank and cum all over this comment!

FUCKING SPOT ON!

Football is a contact sport. If you moan about tackles and if you're scared of going in with a player then don't watch or play the game. The ball flew up in the air and it was just unfortunate that De Jong hit Ben Arfa after it. Nothing malicious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.