Re: De Jong injury to Ben Arfa

Egyptian said:
jimharri said:
Just a quick point here. Both Kevin Keegan and Nicky Butt have played at the highest level (title winning and European Cup/CL winning teams), agreed? Both of those men viewed the same replays as you have watched, at half time. Both of them agreed that there was nothing malicious or reckless in the tackle. I'm just wondering what makes you think you know better than those two pundits. Serious question.

Well, i guess the rules are up to interpretation
. http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/football_red_cards.html

The offences that warrant a red card are defined in FIFA’s Laws of the Game

1. Being guilty of ‘serious foul play’ (for instance, a very dangerous tackle).

Dangerous tackle. I think the outcome for Ben Arfa might be evidence enough.
I think the bogged pitch might be evidence enough. Good challenge and got the man, hard man style.

The dogger is saying to one of our fans look at the still photo - prick - the still is not a still and it´s very blurred coz it´s from video - someone tell the bitter Pool/Villain fookin Tricky Tree wife beating coont to look at tape of the WHOLE incident
The twat has got Dermot Gallagher on now and his loading of questions to him is fookin obscene - Gallaghers nodding his fookin head like the Churchill dog even though he hasn´t seen the game or incident - journo my fookin arse!!!!

Egyptian said:
jimharri said:
I'd imagine that they (Keegan and Butt) are fairly well up to speed on the laws of the game, having recently played or managed in the Premier League. You didn't really answer my question re. you knowing better than either Keegan or Butt.

I don't say i know more then them. It's a dangerous tackle though.

Oi, egyptian, listen. As there are 22 players on the pitch, also 3 officials who are watching the game very closely, not one of them even thought twice about the incident. Had this have been a "horror tackle" then the players would have reacted instantly, not a single one of them did. Its a fair tackle, unfortunately a player got injured, thats football. Live with it or take an interest in scorpion racing.

Egyptian said:
NewbBlue said:
I wish it were illegal in the Prem. Maybe it technically is, I don't know, just rarely seems to be called. Something has to be done to protect the players.

De Jong cannot slide in sideways on a guy's shins with his body, even if he does get the ball.

I agree. Zamora recieved something similair from Hendry, but that was from behind. It might be legal..... I know that De Jong is seen as a real fighter and loved by the posters here, but i see absolutely nothing courageous in De Jong's play..... reckless, misstimed and studs up tackles seems to be his way of play. Zero finesse in my book and any thug could do it. To see how much of a fighter he is, we have to see him on the receiving end of the kind of tackles he dishes out himself IMHO.

HA!
"Any 'thug' could do it"
Go on then
'Do it'

Egyptian said:
jimharri said:
I'd imagine that they (Keegan and Butt) are fairly well up to speed on the laws of the game, having recently played or managed in the Premier League. You didn't really answer my question re. you knowing better than either Keegan or Butt.

I don't say i know more then them. It's a dangerous tackle though.
Well; you're saying it's a dangerous tackle, they said it wasn't. Who's right?

I thought it looked a good tackle at the time, but my eyes aren't the best especially when the the ball is up the other end. So feared the worse when I got in the car and had the misfortune of listening to talksport, after seeing it again, it definitely was a good tackle and bad luck for Ben Arfa. That for me is how you win a tackle, committed, determined and not looking to hurt anyone.

Stan Collymore is and always will be a ****. Fantastic commentary by Pleat as ever on that clip aswell, wanker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.