194.5m losses 2010/2011

Losses are in line with longer term targets, and I'm not talking about press release positive spin on things...

Read: <a class="postlink" href="http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-manchester-city-could-break-even.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/10 ... -even.html</a>

Then read the report and compare the figures.

Wages & Amortization are exactly where predicted (wage bill same as the rags again fwiw at 153m), TV 8 million ahead of forecast, Commercial 12 million behind forecast.

So far so good.

Need more money from match day revenue

Gentlemen.

Again, when all this shouting calms down, one overriding fact remains:

There is a specific clause right at the end of the FFP document. How many have read it by the way? (I was sad/interested enough)

The clause states that, over and above allowed losses, if a club can show that their financial position is improving compared to the previous year, there is no breach of the FFPR.

When the document was published a lot of journalists only read a couple of pages, but those that read it all realised that it was almost a get out of jail card for City but might be a problem for any future club trying the same thing.

It's also interesting that the news of our loss was released on the day the press are all over Blatter.

It's too late to stop us. UEFA slammed the door shut sure, but we were already inside causing havoc. The clause at the end is the deal.

Too late for UEFA, too late for Platini, too late for Blatter, too late for FIFA, too late for Real Madrid and too late for United.

Nobody saw us coming. Deal with it.

Time will pass me by said:
What are these?

"Additional exceptional charges of £34.4m were also reported in the 2010-11 financial statements. These were principally related to the revised carrying values of intangible assets."

Taken from the City website.

Possibly the increased rental costs on the stadium lease?<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 pm --<br /><br />
Cobwebcat said:
Gentlemen.

There is a specific clause right at the end of the FFP document. How many have read it by the way? (I was sad/interested enough)

The clause states that, over and above allowed losses, if a club can show that their financial position is improving compared to the previous year, there is no breach of the FFPR.

When the document was published a lot of journalists only read a couple of pages, but those that read it all realised that it was almost a get out of jail card for City but might be a problem for any future club trying the same thing.

It's also interesting that the news of our loss was released on the day the press are all over Blatter.

It's too late to stop us. UEFA slammed the door shut sure, but we were already inside causing havoc. The clause at the end is the deal.

Too late for UEFA, too late for Platini, too late for Blatter, too late for FIFA, too late for Real Madrid and too late for United.

Can you link the document, would be interested to read it

Cobwebcat said:
Gentlemen.

I am off the opinion that FFPR was actually brought in to make sure no other club can follow our lead

Personally rather see the loss on the balance sheet that the monumental loss of 1-6 on the playing field, fuck off RAGS. :-))))

Celebritykiller said:
Time will pass me by said:
What are these?

"Additional exceptional charges of £34.4m were also reported in the 2010-11 financial statements. These were principally related to the revised carrying values of intangible assets."

Taken from the City website.

Possibly the increased rental costs on the stadium lease?

-- Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:06 pm --

Cobwebcat said:
Gentlemen.

Can you link the document, would be interested to read it

Can't find the document itself anymore but take a read of an article written by a journalist that read the whole thing and light up a cigar:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/gabriele_marcotti/05/05/ffp/index.html

and that's that.

Manc in London said:
Tricky_Trev said:
SSN's "Special Report" on Monday is about us, FFP, our £195m losses etc, with special guests Ivan Gazidis and Christian Purslow. For the love of God.

No doubt with special guests, Paul Merson, Arsene Wenger and Michel Platini. Representing City will be Colin Schindler.

Is thought I heard a rumour that Ivan Gazidis is a Blue. Any truth in this?
Schindler can´t make it - too busy doing the voiceover for the newly revamped version of "All our yesterdays"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.