194.5m losses 2010/2011

Tricky_Trev said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
You've gotta remember City sold the naming rights of Wastelands for something like £400million aswell - maybe more. Thats being investigated by UEFA, so i hope they find conclusive evidence, that money was a way of balancing the books for FFP & an over-the-market price - which it is. Arsenal sold their naming rights for £100m for 10 years - City's is 4 times that & I'm almost certain it was only for 5 years aswell - so thats not the going rate & they're trying to screw their way outta this. Cunts

From the Ragcafe thread, there is so much wrong information in there I don't know where to start.
It does my head in - they are completely clueless. We sold the naming right, sponsorhip of the campus AND an extension to the shirt sponsorship deal for £40m per season, so comparing it to Arsenal's £10m per year, solely naming rights deal is pointless!

Plus Arsenal's deal was negotiated nearly 7 years before ours was. It's not our fault that sponsorship deals have increased drastically across the board in the meantime. Even taking that and our deal out of the equation, it's clear that Arsenal undersold their naming rights at the time and they know it.

Still quite worrying though when you think about it.
How can we possibly go from a £195 million loss to loosing £38.5 million in total over the next 3 seasons?

I know the club knows what they are doing but even the most optimistic fan can clearly see that we have little chance of meeting UEFA FFP with these figures?

BLUEMATT23 said:
How can we possibly go from a £195 million loss to loosing £38.5 million in total over the next 3 seasons?

I know the club knows what they are doing but even the most optimistic fan can clearly see that we have little chance of meeting UEFA FFP with these figures?
Not at all.

BLUEMATT23 said:

There's plenty of reasons already posted for us to be optimistic.

What f**ks me off when I read the negative slant put on it. (Assuming Conns figures are accurate, and I'm not bothering to check) Our owner has put £800m INVESTMENT INTO football, while the rag owner has TAKEN £578m OUT of football, and yet our owner is somehow the baddy.

Love it, the bigger loss the better.

Our guys know what they are doing, next year's figures will be far better which shows we are moving in the correct direction.

Ffp is a load of bollocks anyway. What they gonna do stop us playing in Europe? Fat fucking chance

BLUEMATT23 said:

I doubt very much that we will but UEFA have indicated that some leeway will be given if the losses are headed in the right direction. If we take the piss and blow another £150 million on players next summer then that's a different story of course.

Also, I'm pretty certain that we won't be the only club that fails to meet the regulations - my guess is that dozens of clubs across Europe will be in the same boat.

coulsonblue said:
also net expenditure this summer was £53.6million. which will probably add about £13million to amortisation costs. Wages probably replaced the players who left. so no great increase next year and any will be offset by champs league.

So baring in mind:
+30 (roughly for champs league)
+5 (for prem)
+10 (etihad deal)

=£128million loss. I'm sure there is alot more stuff to be done behind the scenes.
There's probably around £50m on the wage bill for that financial year which relates to players either no longer here or on their way out. I reckon the wage bill will level out around £140-150m on turnover of £250m. That's a ratio of no more than 60% which is very good indeed. Amortisation will be down at least £40m over the next few seasons, even if we continue to register a net spend of something like £20m per season.

Once that happens, we should be in profit.

cleavers said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

There's plenty of reasons already posted for us to be optimistic.

What f**ks me off when I read the negative slant put on it. (Assuming Conns figures are accurate, and I'm not bothering to check) Our owner has put £800m INVESTMENT INTO football, while the rag owner has TAKEN £578m OUT of football, and yet our owner is somehow the baddy.

I agree I'll have to stop reading some of the articles in the press, their so biased it's untrue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.