194.5m losses 2010/2011

BLUEMATT23 said:
Still quite worrying though when you think about it.
How can we possibly go from a £195 million loss to loosing £38.5 million in total over the next 3 seasons?

I know the club knows what they are doing but even the most optimistic fan can clearly see that we have little chance of meeting UEFA FFP with these figures?

One thing we should remember is that not all of that loss will be counted toward FFP. Infrastructure spending, youth academy spending, some wages and player amoritsation will be included in the accounts but are not counted toward FFP.

that wheezing rag twat twat steve curry had a dig about this on snn the other day, suggesting that city were using the international break to bury 'bad news'.

i'd rather be in our financial position than the rags'.

City have made a habit of reporting the losses and shortly after announcing a new partnership deal so watch out Platini ;-)

rassclot said:
that wheezing rag twat twat steve curry had a dig about this on snn the other day, suggesting that city were using the international break to bury 'bad news'.

i'd rather be in our financial position than the rags'.
Well as usual he was wrong, its not been buried anywhere, posted on a Friday before an important game, hidden my @rse.

He just needs to read Conns piece

City owner INVESTED £800m into football.
United owner REMOVED £578 from football.

I know which owner I'd sooner have at my club.

BLUEMATT23 said:
How can we possibly go from a £195 million loss to loosing £38.5 million in total over the next 3 seasons?
Easy.

We're carrying about £30m (net) on the wage bill that will disappear eventually. Player amortisation is huge at the moment but if our net transfer spending decreases (as it will) that will unwind in the next 3-5 seasons, by at least £40m and possibly up to £50m even if we continue a reasonable level of net transfer spending.

Earnings will go up as these acounts don't include the Etihad deal (£35m per annum) or CL income (possibly £45m when everything is taken into account).

So that's at least £160m improvement on our current losses plus ticket and commercial income will certainly go up as we get to be a bigger name across the world.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Easy.

We're carrying about £30m (net) on the wage bill that will disappear eventually. Player amortisation is huge at the moment but if our net transfer spending decreases (as it will) that will unwind in the next 3-5 seasons, by at least £40m and possibly up to £50m even if we continue a reasonable level of net transfer spending.

Earnings will go up as these acounts don't include the Etihad deal (£35m per annum) or CL income (possibly £45m when everything is taken into account).

So that's at least £160m improvement on our current losses plus ticket and commercial income will certainly go up as we get to be a bigger name across the world.

Dont underestimate the importance of the new overseas membership packages as well where off-site viewing of the game adds the possibility of huge revenues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.