1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

One part of me, the part that still thinks this is a bit of a dream, would think second is a great position to finish in. The, we gave it a go, we get it our best, sure second is incredible and we'd have taken it in a heartbeat a few years ago.
This is little old City.

But the other side of me thinks that we've been invested in so heavily. We are the richest club in the premiership by a mile and a half, wer've bought some of the best players in the world, second isn't good enough.
This is the new City, and there are parts of this new version that I don't like, I'll admit that, but at the end of the day first is the only place we can finish where I can happily say the ends justify the means.

So if Mancini is sacked if we don't win the Prem, how long do we give the next manager, and so on, and so on???

What parts don't you like? The great players? All this great football? Great plans for the future? Cheap tickets?

Just goes to show some people are never happy.

If we sack Mancini if we don't finish top as a club we will lose even more respect and end up in the same bracket as Chelsea

danburge82 said:
KennyG said:
2nd is nowhere, we have invested the money and it has to be shown on the pitch
If we don't win the league this season we will still easily and far+away surpass our games won, goals scored, goal difference and points gained from last season... by a fucking mile! We may break all records for the Prem, so, IT IS BEING SHOWN ON THE PITCH!

And fuck Mourinho, he's a fucking **** who has his teams playing like a bunch of cunts (everyone has to dive and fiegn injury, all the time; everyone has to surround the ref; everyone has to cause controversy with officials,everyone has to kick opponents when they aren't good enough to beat them...) with anti-football tactics, more boring than any Macnini Man City game from lasy season!

If we fight for the Premier League until the end, but miss out by a couple of points, then that should be good enough for Mancini to keep his job, because it's year on year progression that he has to deliver imo.
You're wrong about Mourinho. Real Madrid are playing extremely attractive free flowing football, and Chelsea were a much more attacking outfit than they got credit for under Mourinho. I really don't get the animosity people have towards the guy, unless of course they perceive him as a potential threat to Mancini when Mourinho decides the time is right for a Premiership return?

why on earth our we talking about sacking mancini on here or anywhare else? some people are never happy, it's completly wrong the guy has been fantastic for us.

Just seen an interview with ferguson on sky. When asked about mancini's target of 90 points his face stiffens and he looks rattled. He spits out a half-joke that 'well we will have to get 91 then'. Then he mutters a few truisms about how hard it gets in march and April . But his voice goes hoarse, he has to clear his throat. This is a man who knows that for them to win it we have to blow it.

He knows the facts, that we are the best team and squad in the league. It's naive to suggest questions wouldn't be asked about the manager if we didn't win it. Obviously performances and circumstances would be taken into consideration. But tolmie is right, it's certainly not inconceivable we could change managers at the end of the season.

But I don't believe that will happen.
Our players are too good and too professional . I think we will win it. I'd like us to win the cc and get early exits in the other two cups to prevent the fixture pileup ferguson refers to.

Ultimately the title is the be all and end all of the season. Everything else is way down the priority list

hgblue said:
I really don't get the animosity people have towards the guy, unless of course they perceive him as a potential threat to Mancini when Mourinho decides the time is right for a Premiership return?

A couple of other options as to why Mourinho is disliked - one being poking they eyes of other teams managers.

Mourinho has become a clown. A cabinet full of gold, but still a clown.

Mancini didn't seem too convinced when asked about the 90 point target (see Citytv)

He said you can't make predictions like that now. maybe in 6 games time

Qualification for the Champions League is the bottom line for me

Before the League started, "Must win the League" would be the mantra of a nutcase, and I think it still is.

Are we talking targets, or minima? These are different matters I think. Expect and hope for

Minima= Top 4
Target= Title

Marvin said:
Mancini didn't seem too convinced when asked about the 90 point target (see Citytv)

He said you can't make predictions like that now. maybe in 6 games time

Qualification for the Champions League is the bottom line for me

Before the League started, "Must win the League" would be the mantra of a nutcase, and I think it still is.

Are we talking targets, or minima? These are different matters I think. Expect and hope for

Minima= Top 4
Target= Title

Mancini's target was likely to be the title. The minimum for him to keep his job is not known, although if we were to finish 4th from where we are now I'd suggest he'd be on very dodgy ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.