1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

Didsbury Dave said:
We are the beat team in the league. To not win the title would represent underachievement and be a big disappointment. Sure, we'd dust ourselves off and try again, and other trophies would help, but ultimately 'the project' needs the title for momentum.

Why I am agreeing with Dudsbury?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For all those saying only the title will do.

If we dont win it and dont win anything, would you then say Mancini should be sacked?
No, he shouldn't be sacked but that doesn't change the fact that not getting the title would represent a failure on this season's promise. After Sunderland we're at the half way stage and in control of our own destiny with regards to the title even if we lose at Sunderland and the rags win. They've got the tougher run of games, as do Spurs. Four of the rest of the top six away from home. We've got one left. They've both got to come to us in six pointers. It should be ours and not winning it would mean we've underperformed in the second half of the season.

Skashion said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For all those saying only the title will do.

If we dont win it and dont win anything, would you then say Mancini should be sacked?
No, he shouldn't be sacked but that doesn't change the fact that not getting the title would represent a failure on this season's promise. After Sunderland we're at the half way stage and in control of our own destiny with regards to the title even if we lose at Sunderland and the rags win. They've got the tougher run of games, as do Spurs. Four of the rest of the top six away from home. We've got one left. They've both got to come to us in six pointers. It should be ours and not winning it would mean we've underperformed in the second half of the season.

good post and the way i see it.

Sack Mancini......Please - If this happened it would just put us back 5 yrs. I would take a trophy and second however the title is my dream.

Do all the replies saying only the title will do, mean that to win two cups this season and finish second would be classed as failure???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.