1st or 2nd in Premiership and another piece of siliverware

i had a look at utd's fixtures and to be honest, after the tottenham game, they have a pretty good run of games that they should expect to win (apart from playing us). so unless we are not more than 3 points behind when we play them in the league again(which is near the end of the season anyway), we should be running them close to the title.
i'd say we need to be ahead of them by the time they play spurs (early march). our tricky games in the new year i think are away to everton, arsenal and stoke.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The title is all that matters.

IMO, It could yet cost Bobby his job depending on the circumstances of how we finish.
Hope that isn't the case. We don't want to be going down the same road as Abramovich, sacking managers every five minutes.

Dave S said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
The title is all that matters.

IMO, It could yet cost Bobby his job depending on the circumstances of how we finish.
Hope that isn't the case. We don't want to be going down the same road as Abramovich, sacking managers every five minutes.

that would be ridiculous

have to say i agree 100percent with tolmie, mancini has had every tool at his disposal and im not panicking but we have not shaken off the rags despite a superior squad, this transfer window could be mancins last. no matter how well its dressed up the champions lge was below par, a competition that mancini's C.V doesnt stack up well against. all the eggs are now in one basket, he hasnt utilised the squad well enough, dzeko is underused, cant see the value of nasri, lack off width and genuine pace at times, i trust him but this job is a job most would want and mancini needs to justify the responsibility or it will be a ranieri situation at chelsea, take us so far and give the baton to someone who can take us over the line

KennyG said:
have to say i agree 100percent with tolmie, mancini has had every tool at his disposal and im not panicking but we have not shaken off the rags despite a superior squad, this transfer window could be mancins last. no matter how well its dressed up the champions lge was below par, a competition that mancini's C.V doesnt stack up well against. all the eggs are now in one basket, he hasnt utilised the squad well enough, dzeko is underused, cant see the value of nasri, lack off width and genuine pace at times, i trust him but this job is a job most would want and mancini needs to justify the responsibility or it will be a ranieri situation at chelsea, take us so far and give the baton to someone who can take us over the line

Hahaha just wait till we start playing better we could make it to the top of the league ;-)

Hahaha just wait till we start playing better we could make it to the top of the league ;-)[/quote]

The trouble with some blues is they are living in the past, we are a new beast now and have to adjust our thinking, 2nd is nowhere, we have invested the money and it has to be shown on the pitch, mourinho would win the league with this squad, no one with football knowledge would deny that, mancini may well come up trumps but the flaws are there, remove the name man city and look at the squad of players and you would expect more perhaps

KennyG said:
The thing that people can't understand is that we may well be better than United but we don't play United every week. United are better than 18 teams in this league and only play the one team better than them twice during the whole 38 game season, which is a possible 6 points out of a possible 114 (which is fuck all, really). So far we've played them a whole once and we gained just a mere 3 points from winning that one game. That's why we haven't "shaken them off". We could not have done much more to gain more points than we have - we are never going to play well and win every game, it's pretty much impossible - and United have done what they should (gain as many points as realistically possible from games with the other 94.6% of teams they are better than).

Mancini also has not had every tool at his disposal. He has no experience of challenging for the Premier League title, neither do almost all of his squad, he has a squad where only one player (Kolo, who isn't even first choice) has been an important player for a Premier Lg title winning side in the past, he has a squad with very little pace in midfield and on the wings (which is what we've lacked in the games we've dropped points), players who were glaringly missing last season (Aguero and Nasri) haven't settled in properly in my opinion (we wont see the best of them until last season); and we are battlinig with somebody who has won 12 Prem Lg titles, with a squad full of players who've won the Prem numerous times who are not being taken seriously by too many City fans.

I think we can win the league but i will understand why if we don't end up doing so. And it certainly wont be a failure.

KennyG said:
2nd is nowhere, we have invested the money and it has to be shown on the pitch
If we don't win the league this season we will still easily and far+away surpass our games won, goals scored, goal difference and points gained from last season... by a fucking mile! We may break all records for the Prem, so, IT IS BEING SHOWN ON THE PITCH!

And fuck Mourinho, he's a fucking **** who has his teams playing like a bunch of cunts (everyone has to dive and fiegn injury, all the time; everyone has to surround the ref; everyone has to cause controversy with officials,everyone has to kick opponents when they aren't good enough to beat them...) with anti-football tactics, more boring than any Macnini Man City game from lasy season!

KennyG said:

Like winning us our first cup in 35 years and currently sitting first of the prem? Breaking records left right and centre..

I can't wait until all of these mardy twars go into hiding again when Mancini gets us to final of league cup and a good run of league wins again.

Forza Mancini.

-- Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm --

danburge82 said:
And fuck Mourinho, he's a fucking **** who has his teams playing like a bunch of cunts (everyone has to dive and fiegn injury, all the time; everyone has to surround the ref; everyone has to cause controversy with officials...) with anti-football tactics, more boring than any Macnini Man City game from lasy season!

Do you actually watch Real Madrid?? They've scored more goals than Barca this season are playing probably the most attractive football in their league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.