#2 | Kyle Walker - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many seasons he has left at the top. He turned 31 a month ago and it's rare to see full backs playing for the best sides beyond the age of 32-ish.

I expect he'll retire from international duty after the World Cup when he'll be 32 and a half.
When his pace goes, it will be a big loss.

My guess is he has almost 3 more years left for us (34 years old), but if he manages his body well, and City manage his minutes well, it's possible he will retain enough pace to play another year or 2 (MAX) beyond that.

May go down imo as one our best bits of business in future years. Very underrated even with the odd brain fart. Seen off Danilo and Cancelo at City. Some would have had him behind Trippier,Reece James,Wank Biscuit and Terence Trent at England but seen those off as well. Got a good 3 years at City I reckon cos his pace will be the last thing to go

Walker was phenomenal last night and proved he is one of the best right backs in the League. Trent Arnold offers more going forward, but can't do what Kyle does defensively because he doesn't have that electric pace.

Walker was phenomenal last night and proved he is one of the best right backs in the League. Trent Arnold offers more going forward, but can't do what Kyle does defensively because he doesn't have that electric pace.
Totally agree and also Southgate deserves credit for sticking with Walker ,especially after he was sent off in the Iceland game, a lot of previous England managers would have discarded him and went with what the media were calling for, namely Trent Alexander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.