2 | Kyle Walker - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has competed against and beaten two in the competition for a starting spot in a Guardiola team. I thought he will be relegated to the dog house after his red card against Everton.

Where does he rank all time for English fullbacks?
I consider him to be as effective a defender as Ashley Cole was at his peak. Maybe not as intelligent but his physicality ensures that he's very rarely a cause for concern defensively. It's difficult to go further back in time just because fullbacks have changed so much.

I consider him to be as effective a defender as Ashley Cole was at his peak. Maybe not as intelligent but his physicality ensures that he's very rarely a cause for concern defensively. It's difficult to go further back in time just because fullbacks have changed so much.
I consider him to a freak of nature. He’s benched and forced Cancelo to become a left back and for me Joao is the second best right back in the world going forward. For all our fullback problems in the last 10 years he’s a calming influence and stamps out every counter attack with those through balls. Those through balls and over the top being a top strategy to gain xG for our opponents. He just completely negates that. He’s gotta be getting close to legend tier for me if not already there. To further those points he’s not declining and still getting better. Top signing.

Kyle is the best defender in the world at defending large, open spaces. Meaning that I honestly would not swap him for any defender on the planet. Perfect for us and impossible to replace, imo. Nobody has his pace, his freakish strength, his knowledge of our system, his ability to win every duel, his counter-attack killing qualities, his incredible forward bursts to make space and his constantly developing ability on the ball. Nobody else has that full package. Literally one of the best signings in the history of MCFC.

No words for this guy anymore. Trent not fit to lace his boots. Supreme athlete and understands pep ball to a tee

Reece James at Chelsea is an outstanding Full back.
Defensively, I'd say on a par with Walker.
Offensively..Walker smashes it.
But don't forget Reece James.
He won the European cup for Chelsea,....in my opinion.

Remember midway through the 18/19 season when people were saying Danilo should permanently replace him? Now I liked Danilo, but that was hilarious. I remember being invited onto the Bluemoon Podcast that week after we'd just lost at Leicester, when Delph got sent off, and I remember sticking up for Kyle and Delph. Was obviously completely wrong about Delph one day recovering his form, but I recall getting pretty animated about people who were genuinely questioning Walker's quality and were engaging in pretty knee-jerky revisionism about his entire career. He's been named in the the PFA Team of the Year three times, has three PL titles to his name (plus all the other trophies he's helped us win), and has always shown serious quality for us. Our most important signing of the Pep era, in my opinion.

It’s got to the point that most teams don’t even try and attack down his flank. They know better. Much more chance down the left. That speaks volumes. He is top 3 in allowing us to play the way we do. Eddie and Rodri being the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.