2 | Kyle Walker - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been saying it for ages now. Harder to replace than each of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Vinnie, Zabba, all of them. Nobody out there offers what Kyle does.

Had the same conversation at the game yesterday. Not a clue how we could replace him at this moment in time. Hopefully Kyle has a good few seasons in him yet.

I’ve been saying it for ages now. Harder to replace than each of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Vinnie, Zabba, all of them. Nobody out there offers what Kyle does.
The historical mistake we as fans seem to always make is assume we need to replicate what one great player or the other does... Then we exclaim, "it would be hard/impossible to replace him. I too marvel at Kyle's, Physicality, Speed, Energy, Graft and his be found power based passing skill. But in the end when he reaches that time we'd just end up tweaking the way we play RB and might even improve for it.

For example, Cancelo is already an equal replacement whoa superior at some skills and inferior at others.

We've replaced, Yaya, Kompany, David and Dihno, and gotten better. That's 4 of the 5/6 best players of this era already replaced and counting. Aguero is the only one we haven't effectively replaced. And I suspect we will soon enough.

All that said, I love the hell out of Kyle Walker. Everything about his game pleases me these days. I can't remember a time when both of City's fullbacks have left me totally pleased until now.

I feel blessed to be witnessing City with 2 Fullbacks I have no complaints about or want replaced.

Love it!

I think Walker is having his best season for us.
For a while, his default attacking ball was square, or backwards to John Stones.
His confidence has rocketed, as has his ability to turn defence into a quick attack e.g. his diagonal cross field balls to Grealish/Foden.
He is also now recreating his overlaps which he had stopped doing so frequently.
As with the rest of the squad, he looks so comfortable on the ball.
Together with his (still) lightening pace, he is the perfect 3rd defender when Cancelo often moves into midfield.
Obviously he is not as highly rated in the Media as Trent & Reece, but I reckon Southgate still quite rightly, thinks he is the best right back...
Spot on fellow Moss sider :)

The historical mistake we as fans seem to always make is assume we need to replicate what one great player or the other does... Then we exclaim, "it would be hard/impossible to replace him. I too marvel at Kyle's, Physicality, Speed, Energy, Graft and his be found power based passing skill. But in the end when he reaches that time we'd just end up tweaking the way we play RB and might even improve for it.

For example, Cancelo is already an equal replacement whoa superior at some skills and inferior at others.

We've replaced, Yaya, Kompany, David and Dihno, and gotten better. That's 4 of the 5/6 best players of this era already replaced and counting. Aguero is the only one we haven't effectively replaced. And I suspect we will soon enough.

All that said, I love the hell out of Kyle Walker. Everything about his game pleases me these days. I can't remember a time when both of City's fullbacks have left me totally pleased until now.

I feel blessed to be witnessing City with 2 Fullbacks I have no complaints about or want replaced.

Love it!
Yeah, we’d definitely have to change because Kyle Walker for me is the best defender in the world in large, open spaces. Which is what we often have to defend since we try to play in the opponent’s half. Unless we find someone equally as good in that area, we are going to have to ask an extra player to stay deep so we’re not vulnerable. Walker’s physique and defensive ability allows us to have Cancelo pressing high in midfield. We know we have the ultimate safety net in our back 3 (ish) when we’re in possession. Sometimes it’s even just a back 2 and Walker is still able to cover. A sort of 2-3-5 with Walker tucked in next to Rodri. How we play like that without Kyle will be interesting to see!

Class. Had to laugh at him daring Mbappe to try and knock it past him and then Mbappe shit himself and Kyle took it off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.