2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOt playing well at present but I think he is being asked to do something which he is not great at naturally....his passing between the lines is where he is struggling. .......he is struggling with this new position/role Pep is asking him to play

As a defender he is still fine.

He's being asked to learn a new role in his 30s.

If Pep wanted our RB to become a CM, why didn't we spend the summer trying to sign a more technically capable one?
Zin and Cancelo were perfect for the way we are playing. Walker is great as a defensive RB and it’s plain weird that he is being asked to do this at this stage of his career.

He's being asked to learn a new role in his 30s.

If Pep wanted our RB to become a CM, why didn't we spend the summer trying to sign a more technically capable one?

Agree about him learning a new role and why he been trying to play balls he ain’t capable of he should kept it simple

Great defender but has serious limitations when playing foward / offensive passes , he isnt a Cancelo and never will be but he defends superbly , if Cancelo had defended as well Villa wouldnt have equalised , how many times has Cancelo ignored a player on his blindside and they have scored or had shooting opportunity, its swings and roundabouts great going foward but defensively nowhere near Walker's standard.

He's my biggest concern at the minute. His pace looks almost gone and he just seems to be second guessing everything he's doing. Is Gomez ready to step in to one one of the best teams in the world if Cancelo moves to RB? I'd guess not..

Kyle is a legend for me, but he needs to remember that he is the reason for our last failure in UCL, until we hopefully win it because of him
Care to expand on that, er, different take on events that night? This is the first time that I've seen Walker being lumbered with the blame for that shitshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.