2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drives me mad when he won't put his foot in for a tackle and keeps back peddling. He's lucky that shot came off the post.
My comment from last week. Didn't get lucky this time. Absolutely bizarre how little he refuses to put his foot in for a challenge.

A fantastic player and a great servant to our club when asked to play in a position he can play in.

Play him at right back, and not inverted (if we want an inverted right back, play Rico).

Or play him on the right of a 3, fine. But he's not a centre-back in a back 4. Did any of us think he was?
Beside Pep?

Plays his best game of the season at right back on Sunday and is then needlessly shoved at centre half 3 days later.

Just give him consistency. CB in a 2, CB in a 3, Inverted RB, Wide RB, Pep can't experiment this much with him and other players.

Personally, that performance as a Wide RB against Chelsea truly showed how frightening his pace out wide can be in attack and actually gives us some speed in attack that we lack, also lets the RW invert and play inside more. I think this is a better way to play him with him, then also in a back 3 on the right the only other way.

CB in a 2 or Inverted RB just does not work with Walker.

Pep can't experiment this much with him and other players.

Why?

Why can't Pep experiment? He's probably trying to work it so Rico and Walker can play in the same side, keep Walker's recovery pace for the high line, and let Rico do the midfield work.

He's probably trying to extend Walker's career as well by making him diversify, and he's played plenty of games for England as a RCB in a back 3, trying out CB in a 4 is a logical next step.

We didn't lose the game because of Walker, he maybe could have done better on the second goal and he wasn't great in the build up, but what's the point of the sport if the most successful manager in the club's history can't move a player 1 position in the least important competition of the season?

Last edited:
Why?

Why can't Pep experiment? He's probably trying to work it so Rico and Walker can play in the same side, keep Walker's recovery pace for the high line, and let Rico do the midfield work.

He's probably trying to extend Walker's career as well by making him diversify, and he's played plenty of games for England as a RCB in a back 3, trying out CB in a 4 is a logical next step.

We didn't lose the game because of Walker, he maybe could have done better on the second goal and he wasn't great in the build up, but what's the point of the sport if the most successful manager in the club's history can't move a player 1 position in the least important competition of the season?
I dont mind that overtime.

Walkers career can be prolonged by playing as a CB in a back 3, thats done alot and Pep already did it.

If you want Walker to play in a 2, then dont do that for the first time in a cup game after the world cup. Maybe do that during preseason or after we are winning a game.

But he switches Walkers role like every game, atleasy a modicum of consistency is needed.

For example, he was successful against Chelsea in the wide rolw, why IMMEDIATELY change his role in the next game.

Theres smarter ways to do it than Pep did imo.

Perhaps others will think differently to me I accept that, but I am of the stance to not confuse the players so consistently.... just a little bit every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.