2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main takeaway from the Why Always Us podcast this week for me was that things with Walker aren’t far off the Cancelo levels in the “locker room”

The thing Kyle needs to realise is, none of this was planned. It goes back to Cucurella and so on, and shit happens in the market - senior players have to adapt and not let it affect the team or morale. Rico has been a big hit. That would sting any senior pro. But going forward, this looks good for Kyle. Getting old as he is - and there's been little doubt of it, he is better off learning how to save his body for his appearances. The days of him turning out 40 times a year at RB for a top club are done. He could probably manage it for a mid-Prem team. But I think his overall level would drop badly. Surely he's better marrying a less demanding role as part of a three, with the occassional RB appearance. If he improved in that CB position he could still be here in three years time. City showed him his cards - Cancelo is gone, he was in a similair position, responded less than ideally - now he's gone. On the one hand, City have picked Kyle over Cancelo. On the other, it's obvious City could move, and if they did, Kyle won't be joining Bayern. He'd have to hunt for a club, any club to take on his current wage.

Fix up, look smart. You're an old head now Kyle. Loads to give the team and squad. Cut the nonsense and keep improving as a senior figure. Show Foden and the others the way to mature - address your mistakes and put things right.

The World Cup probably partly to blame for this poor attitude and body language and form for our returning players
I disagree.

Look at our English players. On the same national team, had the same overall experience at the world cup, came back to the same club.

Jack came back hungry, with something to prove. John came back as competent and efficient as ever.

Whatever form or attitude problems the other three are having, it's not as simple as blaming the world cup, or the national team, or Southgate. The players are in control of how they react to things.

Virtually any player in his position would feel a bit humiliated to get benched for a kid. It was the same with Cancelo, but he had top clubs after him and could afford to voice his discontent a bit more loudly. Kyle turns 33 in May and no big club will come for him, except for unexpected injuries.

We'll see at the end of the season whether Pep was right to piss off his senior FBs at the club. I wrote after the Everton game that Pep went a bit too far with Rico and I still think so. Pep seems to me a bit exhausted, bit like Klopp, not convinced by his form this season.

The thing Kyle needs to realise is, none of this was planned. It goes back to Cucurella and so on, and shit happens in the market - senior players have to adapt and not let it affect the team or morale. Rico has been a big hit. That would sting any senior pro. But going forward, this looks good for Kyle. Getting old as he is - and there's been little doubt of it, he is better off learning how to save his body for his appearances. The days of him turning out 40 times a year at RB for a top club are done. He could probably manage it for a mid-Prem team. But I think his overall level would drop badly. Surely he's better marrying a less demanding role as part of a three, with the occassional RB appearance. If he improved in that CB position he could still be here in three years time. City showed him his cards - Cancelo is gone, he was in a similair position, responded less than ideally - now he's gone. On the one hand, City have picked Kyle over Cancelo. On the other, it's obvious City could move, and if they did, Kyle won't be joining Bayern. He'd have to hunt for a club, any club to take on his current wage.

Fix up, look smart. You're an old head now Kyle. Loads to give the team and squad. Cut the nonsense and keep improving as a senior figure. Show Foden and the others the way to mature - address your mistakes and put things right.

Yep - but he will have no issue finding a club to go to for one last hurrah - of course it depends on Sheff Utd getting promoted because if they do put money on him going there.

I disagree.

Look at our English players. On the same national team, had the same overall experience at the world cup, came back to the same club.

Jack came back hungry, with something to prove. John came back as competent and efficient as ever.

Whatever form or attitude problems the other three are having, it's not as simple as blaming the world cup, or the national team, or Southgate. The players are in control of how they react to things.
So hungry he had to stop over in NY to grab a pizza.

I disagree.

But very different circumstances. Walker and KDB both just played the last world cup of their careers, and they know it. It's not difficult to imagine that disappointment and end of a dream would take a few weeks to get over.

But very different circumstances. Walker and KDB both just played the last world cup of their careers, and they know it. It's not difficult to imagine that disappointment and end of a dream would take a few weeks to get over.

Checks today's date and laughs at such utter bollocks.

Checks today's date and laughs at such utter bollocks.

Sorry what fucking nonsense are you babbling about now? It's less than 6 weeks since the players returned from the world cup, and Pep's body language comments were 2 weeks after the world cup final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.