2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s definitely a system element to it. But Pep is the best teacher around and he has proven loads of times he can teach old dogs new tricks. Kyle has been drummed out since he landed in the papers with his cock out. Seems very very obvious to me. And the blunt manner with which he spoke yesterday wasn’t like the stuff he’s said about Kev or other players. He literally said “no he can’t do it.” That’s way way more damning than anything I’ve seen him say about a first team player from a footballing pov.

Yeah cross Pep or embarrass the club too many times its curtains no matter who you are!

I think we're overthinking it too much. He can't play as the 2 in a 3-2 shape but he can in a 2-3-5 shape. If pep was going to play walker in our new system he would play him on the right of the back 3 even pep himself has said walker is the best in the club for that RCB role. Right now, it's just a case of what pep needs in specific matches and it look like he prefers others to walker. Im sure in the bayern match walker will be back as he'll be needed to counter the pace of coman and gnabry.

Different narrative in here sometimes.

I just think people let their feelings cloud their judgement.

There is absolutely nothing damning about what Pep said yesterday. All he did was say exactly what we all said a couple games into the season; Kyle can't play the inverted role. It's just not his skillset.

But when you look on here, it's been twisted into something it's not.

Cue Kyle playing against Saints or Bayern, scoring a worldy and giving their left winger/inside left/left midfielder a torrid time. Go on Kyle....prove Pep wrong.

Think Pep is married to the 4 CBs with Stones going into the middle to make a 3-4-3 for the rest of the season.

It has won us games in the last month by some significant score-lines, we play more fluid, and it allows Grealish and Mahrez to stay wide and have the entire flank to themselves do their magic instead of having interference from an overlapping fullback. I think Grealish in particular prefers this.

We also look much better defensively because we have a guaranteed 5 players at the back - plus Ederson - in transition, instead of worrying about a counter and having fullbacks up the pitch.

I guess you could argue that there was no real need for pep to be like yeah he can’t play that role, he could have just said he's an option but Im going with other players right now.

Instead he made a point of saying he's not an option for that position which means he's competing with 5 CB's for one of the centre back roles. Considering his status in the team, I just can't imagine those comments will go down well with walker.

Smells of the end a little bit, he'll have one year left in the summer and this new formation is boxing him out. I do wonder if He'll agitate for a move, particularly if he has any sights on the euros in 2024.

Discipline issues probably haven't helped him.

Possibly to nullify Sane/Coman, but he's hardly played, it would have been good to see him get more minutes in the RCB role, we could then compare his performances with Akanji's who i think is defensively/positionally is weak Bayern will target him. If Walker cant get in infront of Akanji his days are probably numbered at City.
He started against Real Madrid away and he shut down Vinicius Jr even though he was clearly injured, same against mbappe in the world cup, think hes the type that doesn't need a load of games to be ready.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started today even though Peps said all this.

He knows his capabilities though,like what has been said on here he's 32 and an experienced international player,so the days of playing mind games with a player that age are surely gone
I don’t think Pep is playing mind games with Walker, I think he wants Bayern to hear what he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.