2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t give you the benefit of my foresight, can I, unless you want me to catalogue the usual mistakes he makes…

- Backing into players and undercutting them instead of jumping

- Giving them a running start down the wing and not addressing them 40 yards from goal, but jockeying them until they get in the box and he can’t tackle them

- Oh wait, he rarely tackles them anyway, so why worry

- Bombing on an overlap (good) but when he doesn’t receive the ball, not recovering into a more defensive position (bad)

- Making poor decisions on his positioning, as he did numerous times against Chelsea

- Running through the midfield when a simple pass is on

- New Wrinkle: Shooting from over 25 yards with the game on the line. Had a good shot in one recent game and now he’s Roberto Carlos!
- Given the job as main supplier of crosses into the opposition box when its clearly beyond his skillset.

Yorkshire born, dumb as on a regular basis. Dragging this club's name through the mud just when we need it. Pace is nothing with a Pidgeon as your core processor.
Don't understand how he doesn't know the basics on a regular basis, and tries to atone for his shortcomings by and slowing us down and wasting the advantage, wasting the ball in good positions, an outlet pumping out nothing.

Walker wanted to be the superhero in that action, and most of the time he is. But it wasn't his ball to cover for, sprinting across like a headless chicken was more like something you would expect from his Spurs days. If he keeps the run inside he either cuts out the pass, still misses it and Sterling scores or the attacker is forced to shoot or take on Ake (or whoever it was there). Decision making has always been his issue, usually saved by pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.